Top Gear New Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 22, 2008.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I was laughing my ass off through most of that segment. I thought it was great.

2. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the first half of the motorhome bit was brilliant, I was laughing my ass off at Clarkson's vehicle swaying from side to side at 30mph. :lol: The second half felt too staged what with the fire and the van going over the cliff.

3. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I couldn't stop laughing every time that hideous block-of-flats-on-wheels was on the screen.

4. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I had the distinct impression that while Hammond and May knew full well they were pushing his car off the cliff, it was going to be quite a surprise to Jeremy.

Setting campers on fire seems to be a running gag.

It's too bad you don't experience camping and trailering the way we do in North America, I can't imagine driving 200 miles to sit in an open field.

5. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

Actually I kinnda got that impression too when he turned round, turned back to the camera and simply said "what was that?" or something along thouse lines.

Still this was a good return to their diy challanges, after the eco-car last year.

6. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I really don't understand British caravanning. It just seems so bizarre compared to how we camp and such over here.

The challenge was great, though, and Jeremy's motorhome was hilarious on the road.

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^We don't understand it either.

8. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I liked the first part of the challenge but when they started setting fire to things and pushing a things off cliffs that ruined it for me.

9. rainrotoka

rainrotoka Guest

I really like this thread, I have never seen this show. But After reading this post, I release that now I will have to watch top gear show. Thanks for this wonderful thread.

10. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I read about that yesterday... good stuff. :p

12. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

As did I, it was on the Top Gear Facebook page, what I found amazing though was the general lack of discussion in this thread regarding it - I thought it was an practical joke (I even checked the date) regarding them being in the Cee'd.

13. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

I just saw that on their facebook link too, can't say Im honnestly overly interested. Do think it's funny considering they had an article on Cruise in their resonably priced car in thei last annual, quite funny and worth a read if you can find it. They acknowlage it was a joke at the end of the story.

14. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

What a good episode last night. Every piece was excellent.

15. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yeah, that was great- and no sign of mad Scientologist Cruise, just fun Cruise.

Surprised to hear Princess Fiona be the one who swore, mind you - but I think I'd have taken "Fuck me" as an instruction...

16. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Tremendous fucking episode, phantastic.

17. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought it felt a bit lacking without a "big" film starring all three of the guys, but I enjoyed the smaller films, and even though they were only there to plug their new movie, I thought Cruise/Diaz were fun to watch as well. Also, that new Veyron is an absolute beast! 8/10

18. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

Rumour has it that the show will be taken off iPlayer after the repeat tonight so if you're putting it off.. put it on.

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

What ? Why ?

I Sky+'ed it so I won't miss it but shows on iPlayer last for seven days. In fact, after the mid-week repeat those seven days are normally reset.

20. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

This series is on series catch up, so it should be available until a week after the last episode. Why would they remove this episode early?