Lana's Pregnancy Might have Been Real.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm watching some season 5... The one where Clark get's stoned and starts having paranoid delusions about how every one is out to get him and he confronts Lana about kissing Lex Luthor (Which I like to think actually did happen.) and she says "I would never do that!"

How can you conceive a child I thought without kissing your lover just a little bit? it's the polite thing to do. I mean "No Kissing" is just a rule about prostitutes most of us learnt from watching Pretty Woman... Sorry. Tangent. my bad.

Lex doesn't trust anyone, he's been kicked in the sack enough times by the benefit of the doubt that he'd be a fool to think about having any faith in human nature even as early into the game as season 5, especially after how his previous wife designed the dissolution of their union at 60 thousand feet and counting down towards the drink.

Considering the war between his parents over how to raise their children, considering his war with his father about how he is/was being raised...

I think he took it.

they conceived a child and he took it out of her when she wasn't looking. Now whether this 9 day old foetus is in a freezer some where or a surrogate's womb, or even a mechanical womb or he's using the foetus as a template for an all Luthor soccer team, Young Lex would have been willing to fake that pregnancy for as long as it took up till the point, even years down the track, that he thought it was safe as houses to reinsert the "real" child back into their lives if the marriage survived or he could maintain sole custody all the while that Lana believed that she either had the real child or nothing after a faked miscarriage or a cuckoo was arranged, but then Lana might have been inconsequential. Lex could have been keeping his baby away from Lionel?

I thought Lana and Lionel were a better match anyway, but he was probably waiting till she turned 30, just like Lex waited until she turned 20, because you throw the small ones back.

2. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

I think you just diluted all of Smallville down to a fishing metaphor. Well done, sir. :guffaw:

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

This reminds me, I've been meaning to ask, when/how does Jor-El turn into a "good"-ish figure? I've decided not to watch past the third season, where he seems pretty villainous. I gather he insists on training Clark in order to fight Bizarro, but what about the whole "conquer the planet" thing? Did they just compromise on forgetting about that?

4. Guy Gardener

Jor-El, who is really just an uppity alien answer phone message, is all about consequences and balance and retribution to the point of being a complete dick.

Jor-el has never been much help at all that he hasn't made things ten times worse in an effort to make Clark chillax especially when things look bleakest.

Jor-El didn't "help" with Bizarro, but he... "It" was involved a little with the struggle against Brainiac. Infact Jor-El made the whole Bizzarro thing a billion times worse.

5. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, it's just that. Jor-El is an anwering machine, and it's busted. Should be making better decisions, but it's not.

The real Jor-El would have sent something that works better, or sent a limited AI that didn't have the ability to keep taking Clark's powers away except as totally emergency failsafe. Emergency failsafe's aren't used every 6 months, if that's the case then something a lot bigger is wrong.

6. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

You guys are reading toomuch into this. Its Smallpill. Just dont think about it too much..

7. Guy Gardener

"Be careful when we stare into Smallville, Smallville stares back."

8. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

Well,

Jor-El did arrange for both the Martian and Kara to look after Clark, but various difficulties interfered with both of these protectors being available.

9. Guy Gardener

As well as Veritas and the Kents who he met during a previous journey to earth in the 50s and his missus Lara checked up on just before the destruction of Kryptyon making sure they were decent to raise her boy... Although really how old was Jor-El that he was involved in the seeding of the stones which created the fortress and the founding of Veitas which both ocured hundreds of years before Clark was sent off in his dinky little rocket ship?

10. Gaith

But what happened to the whole "you must conquer the world thing"?

11. Guy Gardener

I think Jor-El said "Rule" them all, because when it comes down to a struggle between man and Superman, it's really no struggle at all. From his elitist racist view point, I believe that Krypton might have been a meritocracy, that the ruler of the earth should actually be the best person most capable of ruling earth... And even the most dim and backward kryptononian has billion times more aptitude for doing almost anything moreso than a regular human being from the vantage point as someone as bigotted and rigid as Jor-El.

ON Gossip Girl a couple weeks back, Serena told Blair that she was tired of pretending not to be exceptional just to make Blair feel good about how pathetic she was.

Same difference.

I was watching an episode this morning and Clark actually referred to this mental broken answer phone message as "His Biological father" in almost the same breath as they were describing Brainiac as "some type of advanced AI."

If Kal-El was supposed to take over... Then why give Veritas the means to control Clark? Or did Jor-El think it was humorous to give man a fighting chance?

Clark, your dad's a real bastard.

12. Gaith

Ah, the first three seasons... devoid of all that crap! :-P

So basically, the rule the world part was forgotten? I figured as much.

13. Guy Gardener

Back to the original the theme of the thread...

I was just watching Lexmas (The one where Lex dreams about being married to Lana in the future and she dies during child birth.). Now Santa from the b-plot with his super human speed/strength and Mommy Luthor as a telepathic phantasm sculpting Lex's dreamstate with visions or a bitter sweet future, absolutely both had to be the same person which means that they were a metamorph too... The Martian Manhunter?! This may not have been the intention of the writer, but hells bells after the fact it doesn't seem like anyone else could have been the protagonist that week.

If Lana has Lex Luthor's children she will die.

As far as prophecies go, that's a pretty drastic piece of meat to hone Lex's courtship and treatment of little Lana Lang in so about how tentative he is with burying his bone, laying his seed and being prepared to deal with the ramifications of some stupid baby trying to kill the woman he loves on the way out... but you know what I felt when I saw Lex begging Lionel to save his dying wife on Christmas Eve? I thought, holy crap! This is Star Wars! This is that bullshit pulp crap about why Anikan turned bad, didn't make any sense about where his fucking motivation coming from, after it begame clear he bought a lemon after the Emperor didn't save Padme so you don't have to be his slavish Youngling killing apprentice! Lexmas and the middle of season six is the last two Star Wars movies if George Lucas could write about 40 times better he actually truly can, which still isn't that great...

Oh, and if that really was the future Clark would have saved the day unless Jor-El had YET ONE MORE TIME STRIPPED HIM OF HIS POWERS! ...Although if that was just merely his punishment for choosing to share his bed with Clovage every night: WORTH IT totally. :)

But notice how Lex was on the road to being a decent man and he was turned to the dark side by the slightest piece of motivation. Although was this accidental on the Manhunters part or was he just trying to make sure baldie didn't steal his mate Jor-El's boy's girlfriend.

Back to the idea that Lex stole the baby.

It's safe to put babies into Lana, but you have to be very careful about how you take them out, so rather than as I thought before it was all about his ego, Lex was just trying to protect her from dying by extricating their child prematurely rather than as it was put forward on the show that she was never pregnant at all...

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

To go back to your original thread Guy...I think that I had a post in that episode where I predicted that Lex had faked those sonogram photos and planted them as false evidence. I agree with you that Lex could have stolen an unborn fetus and somehow matured it along in a artificial invitro process or something. Lena Luthor exists somewhere out there...Lex is secretly raising her now having survived the shattering of the Fortress.

15. Guy Gardener

Unless she was force maturated and is now running Lex Corp?

Although the writers last week screwed the pooch when they had Oliver calling Tess "Mercy" out and out which kind of flies against their claims that they had invented another brand new character and didn't have to pay royalties, no matter how tiny to no one.