Pixar is making The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Cars-3-Incredibles-2-Way-From-Pixar-42139.html

I'm surprised that it has taken Brad Bird so long to get started on the Incredibles 2, since we are right in the middle of the superhero film craze right now.

Don't really care about the Cars franchise, but I understand many little kids will disagree with me on that, and Disney makes a ton of money every year through merchandise sales.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Great news about the Incredibles. I've wanted a sequel since the first time I saw it. So long as there is a good story and good script, with Brad Bird again at the helm, I am very excited.

More Edna this time, I hope.

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm cautiously optimistic.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm not surprised. He always said he'd only do it if he had the right story. I wouldn't want them to do it merely to capitalize on a profitable trend -- better that they waited until genuine inspiration struck.

5. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Brad Bird said he didn't want to do another Incredibles unless there was a good enough story reason to do one, I guess he's finally come up with something.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Throw enough money at someone who says stuff like that, and all of a sudden any story is good enough.

7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I'm looking forward to The Incredibles 2. I really enjoyed the first one and hope they introduce more supers time around. Did Samuel L. Jackson sign on to return?

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Just announce Brave 2 already.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

INCREDIBLES 2: Hooray! Finally! Woo hoo!

CARS 3: ugh.

10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

FINALLY. The one Pixar film other than Toy Story that actually benefits from a sequel. I trust Brad Bird to give us another great film.

I actually liked Cars but the sequel sucked and I see no need for another, but it's John Lasseter's pet series, so I'm not surprised by this.

11. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I'm looking forward to The Incredibles 2, but I'm very hesitant about Cars 3. I loved Cars, but the sequel was awful. I'm not holding out much hope for the 3rd.

12. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Not hugely optimistic - Pixar seems to have gone a little off the boil recently with their original features, and apart from Toy Story, their sequels are particularly weak - I adored Cars, but Cars 2 was a huge disappointment. We certainly don't need Cars 3, and Incredibles 2 would have to be pretty special to match the first one...

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The thing about The Incredibles is that it lends itself to a franchise. It's a superhero story. You can do an endless number of super villains. It's an open ended premise.

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really excited for Incredibles 2. I loved the first movie, and I've really wanted to see a sequel. It certainly deserves one more than Monsters, Inc or Cars did. I think Pixar proved it can do good sequels with Toy Story 2 & 3, so I'm hopeful Incredibles 2 will be good. I couldn't care less about Cars 3. I thought Cars one was ok, but I never bothered to watch Cars 2.

15. Levi

Levi Commander Red Shirt

Starfleet Academy, San Francisco, Earth/Sol
    Awesome very excited to hear about Incredibles 2! I don't seem to enjoy the animated movies as much anymore, but I did love the first and am now pretty stoked to see the next one!

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

No. Brave was even more boring than Cars 1. I enjoyed Cars 2 for being a James Bond movie with cars. Cars sells insane amounts of toys, we will get Cars 4 and 5 too.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the Incredibles, so I am very excited to hear they're doing a second one. Not only is it a superhero story, which lends itselt well to ongoing stories, but it's also a family drama and that also leads to some good ongoing stories.
    Cars 3 on the other hand, I really don't care to much about. I thought the first one was good, but I never bothered with the second, so it'll take a lot to get me interested in a third one.

18. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, clumping the news of an Incredibles sequel in with a Cars sequel kind of dampens the excitement of it some. Cars 2 was lame. The 1st one wasn't even all that great. A third seems like overkill for them

Whereas, I've been waiting a decade for a follow-up to The Incredibles. It is perhaps the best serial idea they've ever had at Pixar, even more appropriate for serialization than Toy Story was. Hopefully they have something up to par for their effort.

19. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Cars is the one Pixar franchise with zero peripheral demographic appeal, but it's not surprising that they're making another, between being Lasseter's indulgence and a merchandising bonanza.

A sequel to The Incredibles has been desired by many for years, and I'm glad that Brad Bird stuck to his guns about not doing one until he had a good idea.

20. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Incredibles 2, finally! I've been waiting for this for freakin ages.