Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, May 17, 2013.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ I thought Pete accused Paracelsus of lying about the severity of Myka's illness in the premeire. That was when Myka overheard what Pete had done to try and save her.

2. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No....the goo is a mispronounciation of the description: purple poo

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, it's not Lost Girl. :rommie:

I was thinking more like purple bird soup, but, yeah, there must be some relationship.

No, I don't think he got to cure her. I know the idea was to reveal Pete's feelings and make him help Paracelsus, but they made it seem so serious when she had to go right into the hospital right away, and then this year she was fine. And then Paracelsus had this weird line, "Gee, I really thought she was very sick." It made it seem to me that they were doing a little retconning to get it out of the way.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

My first guess was that it was purple egg yolk.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked when Pete saw the Borg like guys. I love it when W13 makes Trek references.

6. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Thought he also did a quick Shatnerism at one point there in the episode... glad to see it back, wish it would continue just for the chemistry among the actors.

7. JanewayRulz!

I was watching some Dragon con footage of Warehouse 13 panel and was blown away by these personal tidbits about Jaime Murray and Lindsay Wagner. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDWuO1oGXH0

Jaime Murray was named after Jaime Sommers (The Bionic Woman) :bolian:

And she owes the unique spelling of her name to Lindsay Wagner's on screen boo boo, one that was too costly for TPTB to correct . :rofl:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDWuO1oGXH0[/yt]

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

He certainly did.

:lol:

9. JanewayRulz!

And last night they gave a nod to BSG! :bolian:

What happened in the first few minutes, that had Myka and Pete talking babies in the last few minutes? :confused:

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They dragged out an old plot point about her maybe deciding she wanted children after having the cancer scare.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this one was pretty good. I enjoyed the new back story stuff for Claudia was interesting, and the relationship stuff for Pete and Myka was nice.

12. sojourner

I actually don't like them shoehorning in the relationship between Pete and Myka at the last minute here. For 5 seasons it's been solidly and refreshingly platonic and now they're going to rush it in the last 5 episodes? Ugh.

13. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i too REALLY hope Pete & Myka do NOT get together. The previous episode were she says she's not his GIRL----FRIEND was funny, and i like the brother -sister dynamic better. Maybe a flash forward where they have their own mates later?

Also -- was Claudia aware of how long Artie has known her? And did she realize before, or just now, how much he sincerely cares and respects her? If not, it'd make a cute webisode where Claudia gives Artie a father's Day card..with maybe an Claudia-appropriate gift.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But they have to end up with someone.

For their happily ever after.

Pete was paired off to a few failuriffic relationships during the course of the show... Has Myka been a nun for the last seven years?

15. sojourner

Myka had H.G. Wells. :techman:

16. JanewayRulz!

When is HG's ep coming up?

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

She'll be in it at least once.

I'm fine with Pete and Myka ending up together, and I'm fine with them not. As long as we get a good ending. Although Mrs Frederick seems to be a couple of steps ahead of them, as usual.

The last few episodes will probably feel rushed because I think they set up a few things before they knew they'd only get six. Myka's cancer, Claudia's sister, getting Pete and Myka together. I'm betting Pete and Myka will get together, Claudia will be Caretaker, and her sister will be on the team when it ends.

18. sojourner

Getting Pete and Myla together pretty much ruins the relationship they've had for the entire show.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Getting Myka and Pete together would feel weird to me, too. When I was writing the WH13 novel, the TV people specifically told me NOT to insert any sexual tension between Pete and Myka, but to write them as brother/sister instead . . . .

20. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Myka and Pete make perfect sense being together. It doesn't seem like anyone else could tolerate being them but them. I do get the brother/sister angle and that has worked great over the series. But, with the show ending, you can now hook them up together at the very end and not worry about how the new relationship dynamic will affect the show.