How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ryan123450, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I thought he was following Lilly around?

;)

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That winky face is the only thing between you and a righteous fatwa.

3. Xip

Xip Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I loved the last episode and I'm looking forward to the next one! So far, this season is not disappointing me in any way. :D

4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Since it's very early in the season ican still wait for the official meetup between Ted and the Mother and it seems the writers have very different plans as evidenced by the opportunity in this episode.

Remember way back in season one when Ted met the first gf of the show at the wedding and how they instantly were attracted to each other because they were both a little "out there" by normal standards?

It was cute as hell and it was only one episode but it worked because both seemed compatible so i have little doubt that they will have a hard time getting to like each other and i'm looking forward to it (and i really hope it won't be the 200th episode near the end of the show for it to happen).

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

They already wasted that magical attraction thing with Victoria. That's the way he should have gotten to know and love the mother.

What I really like now about the show is that there is actually a point to it. Ted started the whole story with how he met Robin, because without Robin and all those escapades that always led him bouncing back to Robin, he would have never met the mother.

6. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I thought it was $100? Either way, that's probably just gratuity, I bet she's still paying for the drinks.

7. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was my understanding as well. $100.00 for unlimited liquor, where do I sign up.

8. Guy Gardener

The wedding (Barney & Robin... Or is it he Bride's father who is supposed to pay for everything? Everyone is loaded (Especially Lily) so they're all going to be fighting to see who gets to pay for this shindig.) is paying for the drinks. I'm assuming it's an unlimited package, rather than itemizing for 200 guests, or a package for 200 guests.

But yes in review, that is definitely a Ben Franklin she passed over to Linus. Sorry.

9. tighr

I know this is just a TV show, but that doesn't seem feasible in real life. They did not rent out the entire hotel, just a block of rooms for the guests. Otherwise, there would not be guests in the hotel bar that are unknown to Robin and Lily. Without wristbands or some other means of identifying those who are entitled to unlimited beverages, the bar staff wouldn't be able to differentiate the regular customers from the wedding attendees.

Every "open bar" I've ever been to either had closed doors to guests only, or wristbands of some sort that you could flash to the bartender to not have to pay for your drink.

10. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^Sometimes, the parents invite guests that both the groom and bride don't know. Also, there are the dates or companions of guests, who often would not know Robin and especially Lily

otherwise, spot on

11. Guy Gardener

"Charge it to the room" and the room is then charged to the wedding.

I assume, I assume a lot, that the guests just sign chits to their room at some point in the day.

But this is how (some) hotels work.

You get a massive itemized bill at the end that's already balanced against the credit card you supplied when you checked in, or in this case the wedding, which means the father of the brides credit card.

12. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm starting to think the only reason we are getting this season instead of it being wrapped up last year is that Jason Segel agreed to one more year so long as he didn't have to be on the show anywhere near as much.

13. tighr

I thought that before the season even started.

His total non-inclusion in any of these first four episodes in scenes with the rest of the cast pretty much nails that point home.

I'd like to say I can't blame him (he was pretty insistent) but you'd also like a guy to be dedicated to his role. For example, Zach Galifinakis absolutely didn't want to do a Hangover III (didn't really want to do part II, either), but not only did he end up doing the film he was the only cast member to not mail it in.

14. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't really care about his character, but it has a negative impact on Alyson Hannigan's character and I'm definitely annoyed by that.

15. Guy Gardener

I'm of two minds.

I respect a professional who is good at their job.

On the other hand, Linus is earning a roll in the hay with Lily by being there for her.

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Well he will get to the wedding eventually,

And I can't see how this story line is helping Jason Segel do less because it feels like he's in the show as much as he was in the past.

It does kind of remind me of Season 4 of Arrested Development though, where the main character's rarely interacted with each other.

17. Guy Gardener

They can film Jason's travel stuff, 9 episodes worth, with Sherri separately in one medium sized clot. Everyone else has to film those 9 weeks one week at a time.

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

You're right. Makes sense now.

Well, like I said before, Marshall will show up to the hotel eventually.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Do we know that's what they're actually doing?

20. Guy Gardener

Well it's either that or he's on the other side of the country and refuses to go to work to go to work.