Latest acquisition!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

That's gonna drive me crazy, you know. :scream:

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

TOS: The Folded World

3. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Working my way through post-nemesis trek-lit (I'm a few years behind the times), but I keep finding events on Tezwa mentioned, and all that stuff, so I decided when I'm done I'm going to back-track....so I just downloaded all nine "A Time To..." books on my kindle.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

All you really need to read are the last three. They deal with Tezwa and it's aftermath. I had actually read A Time for War, A Time for Peace (the very last one in the series) and it covers the broad strokes of Tezwa.

5. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I figured only a couple of the books would deal with that plotline, but I get through novels pretty quickly, so I figured If i was going to back track for that, i may as well read that whole set.:)

6. Therin of Andor

Two new books out in Sydney, Australia, today!

[​IMG]
    Craft Book and How to Speak Klingon by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

"Star Trek Craft Book" (Gallery/Simon & Schuster) by Angie Pedersen and "How to Speak Klingon: Essential Phrases for the Intergalactic Traveler" (Chronicle/becker&meyer!) by Ben Grossblatt, illustrations by Alex Fine, phrases spoken by Dr Lawrence M Shoen.

Now you, too, can have a Star Trek sock monkey!

The Klingon book features images of several Andorians, too.

7. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

The craft book looks really neat - is that a new publication?

8. Therin of Andor

Yes indeed. I wonder why the "sticker" on the front doesn't say "Make it sew!"? Did the cover designer not get the joke?

25 projects including IDIC cushion cover, drink coasters, tribbles, sock Spock monkey, tricorder purse, dog vests, Starfleet uniform aprons, felt Shran the Andorian rattle (below), Khan finger puppet, Klingon party plates, and many others.

[​IMG]
    Andorian rattle by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  9. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

Just got paq’batlh: The Klingon Epic (http://www.uitgeverij.cc/publications/paqbatlh/).

Can't say I've been too excited by a lot of the books coming out over the last year. The focus seems to be too much on gimmick and novelty books, while the novels could use a bit more variety. Glad to see the long run of standalone TOS books is winding down at last.

10. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

My latest acquisitions:

[​IMG]

11. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

Redshirts! Excellent choice.

12. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Well, Archer may look glum, but I'm happy! Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation - A Choice of Futures by Christopher L. Bennett is now in my hot little hands.

13. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

^ Nice! Really looking forward to this one. It's apparently not in stock yet at my local Chapters, but I'm going to be around that part of town mid-next week, and I hope it will be there by then... it would make some nice holiday weekend reading! :techman:

14. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got mine at Chapters Chinook in Calgary. I was surprised when I saw online they had 13 in stock, so I popped over after work. They had apparently just arrived, so they had to go to the back to grab a copy for me!

15. Therin of Andor

Not Trek, but by a Trek actor-now-writer:

[​IMG]
    Ian and Anthony by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

I had a great chat last night with actor Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather) of "Star Trek: Enterprise" at Kings Comics, Sydney, about his new graphic novel adventure, "Miles Away". He was great fun and very passionate about his writing.

16. Therin of Andor

Christopher L. Bennett's "Star Trek: Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures" has just arrived Down Under!

17. Therin of Andor

A brand new collectible "Star Trek" book, "Star Trek Cross-Stitch" by John Lohman (Gallery, 2013)! A stitch in time saves Seven of Nine, you know!

[​IMG]
    Cross-stitch front by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

And cool! The Tellarite on page 33 of "Star Trek Cross-Stitch" is wearing the ambassador's robes I bought in the "It's a Wrap!" auctions of Paramount props and costumes!

[​IMG]
    Cross-stitch inside by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Some great patterns including catch-phrases for samplers, decorations for bibs, bookmarks, LCARS screens, alien language scripts, even a Borg Cube ornament.

Arrived Down Under this week. A companion book to Gallery's recent "Star Trek Craft Book".

Also arrived this week, from Amazon: "Star Trek FAQ 2.0: Everything Left to Know About The Next Generation", the Movies, and Beyond".

(My apologies for triple post, but no one else has been here recently.)

18. Desert Kris

Desert Kris Captain Captain

I've been chasing down some of the old books from what I've seen being referred to as the 80's novel continuity. There's a topic further down in this section, where some of these books are linked together by a network of very loose continuity sharing, so that's been a fun chase.

A month or so ago I found decent copies of The Vulcan Academy Murders, which I've surprised myself for neglecting, given that it it looks in on the planet Vulcan and Spock's family, at least according to the back cover discription. About two weeks ago I got a hold of Shadow Lord (hoping there will be some good Sword and Planet action like in Friday's Child), a really nice copy of The Final Reflection, and Uhura's Song (which I've dismissed for the longest time, but I've notice that it's very highly rated in some places, and again for curiosities sake to see how in joins in with the other 80' continuity books).

Less connected to the whole 80's continuity thing, I found a pristine hardcover copy of Reeve-Steven's novel, Federation, at a library sale for only $2.00 yesterday.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Uhura's Song is one of my all-time favorites. It's a great exploration/first contact story, a rousing adventure, and a treat for any cat-lover. As I recall, its strongest tie to the rest of the '80s continuity is that it brings back a supporting character introduced in The Entropy Effect, a felinoid security officer nicknamed Snarl.

20. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Nice, those are all good books (though I don't think the author of Shadow Lord had read much - if any - 'Trek). Final Reflection & Federation are the best trek books ever for me.