TrekBBS Secret Santa 2013

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Robert Maxwell, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I think next year, sticky the thread riiiight away and make it earlier. I know we do that on my other forum and it has a good turnout each year. Also if this is the first time this forum is having it, that could also be why there isn't that many people. After you do it a few years in a row, more people will expect it and look forward to it and you'll have a better turnout. :)

2. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I finished a handmade gift for my secret Santa recipient today!

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yeah, I hope word gets out about this one so we can have a bigger one next year. Still, 10 people is respectable (and manageable for me.) :)

Just a reminder: if you sent out your gift and haven't told me you did so via PM, please do. I am keeping track so I can determine if anyone may have forgotten.

4. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Puts the rest of us to shame, I bet!

5. Kestra

I'm actually waiting for it to be finished (the last part isn't under my control) and I'm fretting that it's going to come out too dark. But it's the thought that counts, right?

6. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I wish I was crafty and/or artsy. D:

7. kirsten187

Me too but I'm hopeless at it.

8. Kestra

How are we supposed to wait until Christmas to open our gifts? This is too exciting!

9. Robert Maxwell

:D

As a reminder, if you have received your gift and haven't told me, please send me a PM! I want to make sure everyone's got their gifts.

Looks like all of them are sent except for one, and that's going to go out soon.

At this rate, we should be able to have our official opening day on the 25th!

Please note that I am going out of town on the 25th and will be away until the 1st. I'll post my opening and gifts before I leave, though. :)

I look forward to seeing what we all got! Thanks again to everyone who signed up!

10. kirsten187

It is! :techman: Don't have a secret santa at work so it's been great having it here.

11. Kestra

Do you have your present? I don't have mine yet, which is a good thing because I wouldn't be able to resist opening it. Are people opening packages or are there unwrapped gifts inside?

12. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

I opened the package and the merchandise inside was gift-wrapped. I haven't opened it or the card and don't know who sent it.

The one I sent, unfortunately, was not gift wrapped, as the merchant didn't offer that option. (In retrospect, I could have had it shipped to myself, gift wrapped it, then shipped that. But I'm too cheap and lazy. :shame: )

13. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I received a box and I didn't open it. It's sitting on my dining room table....I am (un)patiently waiting!

14. kirsten187

I have received my present but have not opened it yet. I have no idea if it is wrapped inside or anything! I got it about 2 weeks ago.

15. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    I received mine, and it is sitting in it's shipping container under the tree.

16. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I got mine today. :D

17. kirsten187

Oooh, does that mean everyone has their present?

18. Kestra

No, I'm still waiting on mine.

19. Robert Maxwell

There are still four people awaiting gifts, including Kestra. I'm going to target next week for opening, assuming everyone gets their gifts in time. As of Saturday, everyone's gifts have been shipped, so I would expect everything to arrive sometime this week.

20. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Nice to read this has (likely) worked :). We do a secret Santa at my workplace, and it's a lot of fun. Hope more people sign up next year.