Master Replicas obtains Ghostbusters license

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chris3123, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Official MR website article

Finally, some official GB prob replicas! :techman: I won't be able to afford any of them, but I still think it's cool.

ETA: And for those too lazy to click the link, the first wave of GB products will be released in May.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Hmm.... I wonder how a protonpack would look in my office. Though I'd prefer a slimer replica.

3. msbae

msbae Commodore

If there's no Staypuft Marshmallow Man, I'm not interested.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

A proton pack would be hella-cool. But I doubt I'll be willing to part with the money to buy one -as I'm sure it'll cost over a grand- so I may have to "settle" for a PKE Meter.

5. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

They're still afloat?

6. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    Ooooh, a ghost trap with opening and closing doors would rule!

7. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Spaceman Spiff and I were talking about this last night.

OK, yeah, a PKE meter would be cool, for a moment. You could show it to people who stop by your desk, have a laugh for a minute ... and then you realize you've just spent three hundred bucks on something like that. :p

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool news. Although I'd much rather Sideshow get the license to make premium format figures of the Ghostbusters themselves.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Oddly enough I found while cleaning my parent's house's basement recently the Ghost Trap from way back when.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

That is my feeling on this type of stuff. Action figures too. I love to see the designs. I like to look at them in collectible shops in person. But to buy....
    a figure here and there. But otherwise stuff like these prop replicas are very expensive dust collectors.

11. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of figures, NECA has a GB license and gone so far as to make a single wave of figures, all baddies (Slimer, Stay Puft, Gozer, Terror Dogs). And that was years ago. Where are the Boys in Grey? Where NECA?! :mad:

Sorry, it's just something that's been bugging me. ;) I hope it's something like them not being able to get permission to use the actors' likenesses, and not them just being lazy. Hopefully with this being the 25th anniversary and all this other GB stuff coming out NECA will finally make the figures. I've been wanting (good detail, movie-based) GB figures for a long time.

12. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would love to have a very realistic proton pack, but I have the feeling that this stuff is going to be way out of my price range.

13. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder how a proton pack would look on my back! :techman:

14. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Hell, I know a bunch of local Ghostbusters costumer people. They could probably make me an authentic looking proton pack for what this company will probably charge.