I Flippin' Love Die Hard!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's Christmas so, naturally, I had to watch the best Christmas movie ever: Die Hard.

THE Christmas movie of all time, this thing is the '80s version of It's a Wonderful Life. Family, redemption, guns and terrorists. What more does a Christmas movie need?

Also the movie that defined action movies for several decades and continues to do so. :wild fist pump:

Anyone else make a Christmas tradition to watch Die Hard?

2. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I usually watch it around Christmas every other year. I watch Die Hard 2 on the other years. [​IMG]

3. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

And maybe more importantly, it has Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber, who defined being sarcastically blasé and handsomely evil, well, ever since.

4. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel the exact same way... except about Gremlins.

5. Trekker4747

Gremlins is a "Christmas movie" I've not watched in a long time. But every year I try and to watch both Die Hard and Die Hard 2 every year.

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Yep, along with Love Actually, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Long Kiss Goodnight, You've Got Mail, Lethal Weapon, and the obvious ones that are always on TV like White Christmas and A Christmas Story and so forth. We usually do a film festival in the week leading up to Christmas.

7. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love watching "Die Hard" at Christmas. I went to see it last week at a local theatre as part of its "Alt-XMas" weekend. It was awesome. It's great watching it with a crowd that's totally into it, y'know?

I don't care much for "Die Hard 2", so I often pair it with "Lethal Weapon."

8. Trekker4747

Ooh. Been a long time since I've seen either "Long Kiss Goodnight" (which I don't remember taking place around the holidays) and "Lethal Weapon." I normally watch it Thanksgiving but this year I watched "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" at Christmas.

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Dude, she dangles from Christmas lights (hanging off a giant Christmas tree on top of the bridge) while shooting the main villain at the end. There's Christmas carols, light displays, Christmas trees, wreaths, a Christmas party, a Christmas parade, snow everywhere, Sam Jackson gives his son a Christmas present... It's practically drowning in Christmas references, which is not unusual for Shane Black written films.

10. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Who doesn't? :techman:

Seriously, besides this movie, the only other one I watch every single Christmas is Scrooged.

11. Trekker4747

As I said, it's been a long time since I've seen the movie I only remember Geena Davis's scene with her in a sheer nightgown being dunked in water and SLJ's "that's a duck not a dick" line,

But, I think I vaguely recall the scenes you talk about, I need to see that movie again. It was a good one.

And Geena Davis is in it.

12. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is also another great non-traditional Xmas flick.

13. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

For some bizarre reason, I always watch Disney's The Black Hole on Xmas morning - and through association - it's become an Xmas movie for me. There is a line about The Cygnus being lit up like a tree on Christmas morning, so there is a tenuous link!

14. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

If you love Die Hard you'll love this!:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTyw6cq86kY[/yt]

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I always like to be Frank and Earnest with women...:lol:

I love The Long Kiss Goodnight....but I love Die Hard more!

16. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yep, every Xmas Eve

17. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Haven' tseen Long Kiss Goodnight in years, cos I've only got the VHS. I remember it being set in lots of snow, but don't remember specifically Xmas stuff.

Have never seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

18. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When they offed the Harry Ellis character, that was nice, he was just a creep.

19. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

Die Hard & The Thing are my two Christmas must-watch films. My two favorite movies period, really. New Years weekend gets the runners up of Empire Strikes Back, Predator, Alien and Aliens.

The '80s (late '70s) kicked so much ass. Tron: Legacy reminded me of how sweet Tron was, too. Might have to add that into the mix.

Kids these days don't know how awesome movies used to be.

20. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

If you watch the video I posted a couple of posts up they have a cute line about Ellis.