Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Aatrek, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

It's only remembered as the TNG two parter which had Spock. I imagine that is the only reason most fans even like the episode, it certainly wasn't for the plot!:p

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I still like the first half of the two-parter, but mostly because it's a bit of a romp...a chase episode...part two bogs down with some ill conceived plot contrivances.

RAMA

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Pretty much how I feel.

4. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

It's another episode in the epic saga of "Worf tries to disable an underpowered enemy ship but ends up accidentally destroying it" though :p

5. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Seems to be a Klingon tactical officer trait, actually; perhaps Kruge's unfortunate bridge victim from STIII was a distant relative...

6. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

7. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

8. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

According to blu-ray.com, season 5 is now available for pre-order from Amazon US. I will place my pre-order as soon as Amazon.com is back online (I guess all of you have heard about the Amazon.com outage.) :(

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was able to get to Amazon.com just fine. The picture on the pre order page wasn't there though, which was interesting.

10. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

It's back up now, and I was able to place my order.

11. tomalak301

According to Trekcore's facebook page, Unification is getting the special single disc release. The only thing I don't like about that aspect is I will probably not buy the signal disc release and I will miss the special features about Spock. Darn them for that. :(

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That seems really odd since the two episodes are on the same disc in the season set. I really think this one is a reach.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

"Unification" would certainly sell better than "Time's Arrow" as a single disc release, they can put a nice big picture of Spock on the cover. I can see them doing a new Nimoy interview as part of the extras.

Target will probably have their save $10 deal again when you buy it with the S5 TNG set on release week.:techman:

14. tomalak301

The thing is I've been getting gift cards from Christmas/Birthday so I would rather get it through Amazon. I got BOBW with the Target deal and that was nice, but I'm not sure when I would ever put that disc back into the blu ray player again. Now, if they did this, and then at the end of the release they had a bonus release of all the single disc special features, I would probably buy that. That actually wouldn't be a bad idea and it's another revenue source for them.

15. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

They probably approached Nimoy for an interview but I imagine he would've politely declined -- I don't think he has much to say about his experience on TNG. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they got him to do an interview, however! :)

As for "Time's Arrow" not getting a single-disc release, I wouldn't be surprised if something like the below is released around the time the complete series set is ready next summer (or possibly later that fall), to make up for the absence of separate releases of that 2-parter, as well as "Birthright," "Descent" and "Gambit.":

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation_-_The_Complete_TV_Movies

16. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If they don't get Nimoy for the bonus features, then there's really no point to any of this.

But I'm a completist, so I will buy it anyway. :lol:

17. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

18. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

That may be because, if it's a fold-out slipcover like the last two, it's designed to open along Spock's hand, revealing Picard underneath with nothing obscuring his face. Just a guess.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

HA! I just KNEW they were going to put Spock on the cover! The vertical words look weird though.:p

20. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Unless the documentary also has a special about all those models used for the surplus depot scenes, like the BoBW documentary had for the Wolf 359 ships.