Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Mark Millar's Kick-Ass trilogy grand finale. He announced it officially a couple of months ago, and was originally supposed to come out last week but was pushed back to this Wed. We're still waiting the announcement for the third MillarWorld book this year. Kick-Ass is published under Marvel's Icon imprint.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Teaser of a new series to feature Luke Cage. Will the Avengers leaving Earth for Infinity call for a revival of the Mighty Avengers? No other info as to whether this is an Infinity exclusive tie-in mini or a new on-going.

3. Admiral_Young

Superior Spider-Man was revealed as the next member of "Mighty".

http://www.newsarama.com/17977-infinity-brings-a-mighty-new-team-to-marvel.html

Also Dan Slott teased on twitter yesterday that in six days (five now) he can finally talk about "Redacted". I wonder if this will be the mysterious "Silver Surfer" document that was reported on his lap top earlier this year?

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

We need, ok I want it anyway, a Silver Surfer ongoing again.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

A Silver Surfer series is hard because the character has no external desires/requirements, and unless Thanos is opposing him, every fight is a foregone conclusion.

Remember how much time was dedicated to the fall and rise of Clumsy Foulup in the 90s.

6. Captain Craig

I enjoyed his 80/90's series, it played as much as a roaming adventures through the alien landscape. I'd enjoy seeing some of the heralds again. I feel Gabriel never got a fair shake, last I recall he had been integrated as the AI of Galactus' ship.

He does have the 'all-powerful' syndrome but hey, Superman, Thor and Hulk do as well. Those conclusions are just as foregone are they not?

7. Admiral_Young

8. Turtletrekker

She-Hulk and Blue Marvel are revealed as "Mighty", joining Luke Cage and Ock-Spidey.

I think that I'm going to have to Google "Blue Marvel".

9. Admiral_Young

Also I'm guessing Miguel is the thing that Slott will be finally able to talk about in the next few days.

10. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm excited to see She-Hulk on the team (she's my favorite Marvel hero) and I like Luke Cage. On the other hadn, I HATE Doc Ock as Spidey, and Blue Marvel seems extremely generic. Still, I'm interested in the book. I'm guessing Iron Fist is going to be on the team, too, because of his connection to Luke.

11. Captain Craig

The inclusion of She-Hulk pushes my interest up.
    Blue Marvel I know of, know nothing about but generalities. Good excuse to try it.

I'm moving this into my "maybe" slot for now. Red She-Hulk is cancelled in two months so....maybe.

12. Guy Gardener

Bobby was hilarious, but he wasn't trying to be hilarious, he was confused and afraid in All New X-Men this week... "Am I the only one who can see the Brotherhood of Evil Mutant's Scarlet Witch standing there?" - "Do the Avengers know that that she's in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants?" - "Seriously!? Am I the only freaking person seeing this????"

(Hells, and at that point in time, he didn't even know who her father was.)

What I don't get is this... How come Wanda can be forgiven but Scott can't?

13. Admiral_Young

Fearless Defenders #5 was quite entertaining...perhaps my favourite of the series so far, as we learn who Misty called when she dialed out last issue. Felicia's Spider comment was great and Val finally goes berserker mode leaving She-Hulk to most likely go toe to toe with her.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that issue of All New X-Men came off really hypocritical... Wanda killed thousands of mutants (when they were depowered they were then murdered, etc)... Scott remade the world into utopia and killed one guy... both were under the influence but Scott was possessed by the Phoenix, what was Wanda "possessed" by? Wasn't she just crazy at that point with no external influence?

15. Guy Gardener

Quicksilver was manipulating her telepathically, not that he's telepathic, but the speed with which he thinks was used as a buffer to make billions of tiny adjustments to the hex that created the house of M. When House of M Magneto found out, he killed Quicksilver, and that reality folded. Wanda was unstable after the House of M from all that and came up with the No more Mutants idea all by herself minutes later after 616 re-established dominance.

The Witch was about to marry Doctor Doom. Had she kissed him with out the mask or even frakked him or was bashful Doom saving that for their wedding night? If Doom didn't "get intimate" that's an interesting argument for Victor Von Doom being a virgin.

Although I think Bendis had him embroiled in a love affair, a series of temporal bootie calls, with Morganna Le Fay.

I wonder how that effected Age of Ultron? Was all that happened in that other timeline because Doom and Morgan Lefay were not screwing, (How Doom's dick saved us all!) or is it because they did date, but those two villains had a seriously fucked up break up (How dooms dick doomed up all!).

But if Doom had been a virgin... Sending him on a datenight now and then might have at least halved his attempts at world domination.

Doom, double dating with Ben Grimm and a couple girls they picked up at the roller derby.

"Shudder"

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Scott might have been given more benefit of the doubt if he hadn't been an ass before the phoenix and a deluded "rebel" afterword. Remember, he's going around trying to "start a revolution" now, and he hasn't been a very popular guy with most people for awhile. Even forgetting the fact that I don't believe he was controlled by the Phoenix the entire time (I'd say they were all mostly in control until Magik and Colossus fought each other and lost their powers, at which point Emma and Cyclops probably aren't responsible) but I'd say they were all in their right minds when they took over the world and started doing horrible things to the avengers (like locking them in limbo or telepathically torturing them on Utopia). so, cyclops did a lot more evil while mostly in control, while even the no more mutants thing was done while Wanda was basically completely crazy. Thats the way I see it, atleast, and I've only seen Cyclops try to say he wasn't responsible for killing Xavier. He hasn't seemed to try to say he wasn't responsible for taking over the world or doing bad things to the avengers. Those things are what I think seperates him from Wanda.

17. Guy Gardener

Not crazy, but drunk.

He tried to be a political prisoner like Mandela.

The world wouldn't let him.

18. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Plus Cyclops probably isn't doing himself any favors from invoking Xavier's name while doing his Magnetoliteish revolution thing which is a 360 from Xavier's position seeing as he was all for peaceful coexistence. Also potentially screewing up history probably wasn't a good idea either.

19. Guy Gardener

We thought that Hank used a stupid clumsy Earthbuilt time machine to get the kids.

Bad woogy shit happens when you use those things without caution.

I know it hasn't been specifically said that Hank used Xavier's Infinity Gem to fetch the kids... But surely the Infinity Gems "destruction" in Avengers should have broken any safeguards that was buttering any potential paradoxes from cominginto play or even keep the Original X-Men moored in the the present.

20. Turtletrekker

I really liked Fearless Defenders 5. The battle between Val and She-Hulk slated for next issue ought to fun. I really hope this book gets a shot at a decent-sized run.

I'm still enjoying Bendis' All-New X-Men. It was interesting to see the O5's reaction to Wanda, whom they only know as a member of Magneto's brotherhood, being an Avenger despite what she did to mutant-kind. Honestly, what Scott did to Xavier may have been a more personal blow to mutant-kind, but what Wanda (and Jean) have done in the past is far more horrific, and yet Wanda is forgiven.

Avengers 13 was fun. Battle with Terminus in the Savage Land. How can you go wrong? Despite liking this issue, I'm still hoping that Hickman will pick up the pace sooner rather than later.

Kick-Ass 3 #1. The end begins... rather slowly. The aborted attempt to break out Hit-Girl was funny (They all checkened out). Not as much blood and gore as I'm used to in a Kick-Ass book, but I'm sure Millar and Romita will make up for it before story's end.

The latest execution in Avengers Murder-Por-- Ah, that is Avengers Arena completely justifies my not touching that series with a ten-foot pole.

Next weeks previews...

Alpha: Big Time #5
    Astonishing X-Men #63
    Avengers Assemble #16
    Avenging Spider-Man #22
    Deadpool #11
    Guardians of the Galaxy #3
    Savage Wolverine #6
    Thor: God of Thunder #9
    Ultimate Comics X-Men #27
    Uncanny X-Force #6
    Venom #36