Christian Bale Loses it on Terminator set

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Master of Tarquin Hill, Feb 2, 2009.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Not sure why, but this is just awesome to me.

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It's one of the top stories on Today. Apparently this was leaked by the insurance company.

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was funny :lol:
    I wouldn't want to be the DP guy :lol:

Oh well, everybody loses it and gets super angry sometimes, especially after long and difficult work days.
    He overreacted and was an dick for sure, but if the DP and Bale have moved on so should everyone else.

But I guess the urge to trash celebrities is too great for the internet people to overcome.

4. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bale over-reacted and as was pointed out some shit was going on in his life. Was he justified in being pissed off? Maybe. I don't know the situation. Was he justified in going to the length and extremes he went to? No.

I don't see why this thing is a big deal. I'm sure everyone has been in situations at work where someone just goes nuclear. Maybe it was even yourself. People bring baggage with them and someone just sets you off and then it goes.

As someone who has a temper I've always tried (and actually have succeeded) in not having that happen at work. There's been a few times when a tiny bit has leaked out, but for the most part though.

If I was able to be the most important person where I worked which is pretty much what Bale is on every movie and not have to worry about a paycheck or anything. I would probably be a friggin enormous jackass to people though... :p

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
    Oh my god, that is amazing

Same here. The guy easily deserved an Oscar for his performance in American Psycho, one of the best I've ever seen. Love him

6. QuasarVM

QuasarVM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some actors and some musicians just need to shut the F*$# up -- and PERFORM!

It's getting to where I don't want to watch or listen to any of them because they are such jerks in public.

7. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Do people get this worked up every time an AV component is added to a piece of really old news?

8. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    Absolutely. I agree that his actions were unprofessional and juvenile, but we all have bad days where we commit actions we regret later. It's part of life, and if he and the DP have settled things, then that should be the end of it IMO.

9. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Carrying on like that for the sake of Terminator: Salvation is past ridiculous. It's like a mother screaming for ten minutes at a child for coloring outside the lines.

10. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

You make a good point here. The DP could be an utter dick of a person that rubs people the wrong way again and again. Some people are fucking morons and when someone loses their cool over their incompetence it's the person who loses their cool that looks like the bad guy, not the actual dumb ass who lives to piss off other people.

All we heard was Bale ranting. We didn't see why or see everything that lead up to this. So I'd let the guy be.

As it goes on it's almost funny.

11. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, we don't know how many takes they already wasted for that scene. Could've been 20 or so.
    And then imagine the DP af all people ruining take 21. Hell, I'd be mad too, including the explicit language.

I say, cut him some slack, guys. We don't know the entire context.

Everyone throws a fit sometimes. Even the good guys.

12. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Can this get locked now? No-one's saying anything that hasn't been said by 10 other people.

13. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait whyisn't this thread dead yet?

14. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, and the entertainment news programs run the damn thing into the ground until it reaches the very center of the Earth.

15. Darth_Pinche

Darth_Pinche Captain Captain

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Best line was "Shut the fuck up Bruce"

17. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

He was talking to one of the associate producers there who was trying to calm him.

The funniest thing about all this, I think, is the discovery that in everyday life, people really do call him "McG." :lol:

18. KeptinChris

KeptinChris Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why so furious?

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Give me a ****ing answer is now my ringtone

20. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that guy was terrified of Bale. I guess he has no control over the set.