Operation – Annihilate: Operation – Stay Awake

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Tan Ru, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks for the link. That's an interesting article, and fun pictures. I did notice a typo in the article, where they stated that Shatner, Nimoy, Kelley, Doohan, Nichols, and Takei were all on location at the park. Obviously, Kelley, Nichols and Takei did not appear in any location shots for this episode. However, we see Kelley in costume in the pictures. Why was he there?

Doug

2. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

[​IMG]

Kirk
    Spock
    McCoy
    Scotty
    Zahra
    Bobby

3. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I've always referred to this episode as "Attack of the Flying Electric Pancakes".

4. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oops! I just knew I must have forgotten Kelley. I'm still correct that Nichols and Takei didn't appear on the planet, right?

Doug

5. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Kirk
    Spock
    McCoy
    Scotty
    and Ensign Ricky.

"Ah crap."

6. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Different strokes I guess. 40 years ago when I started watching TOS in reruns I started ranking them, and DOOMSDAY and IMMUNITY were always in my top 3 (other was usually BALANCE or OBSESSION.) I don't think IMMUNITY has EVER been out of my top 10. Wish they did more stuff that didn't bother with guest cast.

EDIT ADDON: odd, but the reason I went into this thread was I saw newest member name was dgerrold and I was wondering if it was David Gerrold. Info on page indicated he had posted here, but there's nothing here from him, and now when I go back to the username it has zero posts listed.

7. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

The only thing that irked me about "Operation -- Annihilate!" was the cheap device of Spock being blinded. Of course, we knew he would regain his sight before the closing credits rolled.

That shouldn't have been a problem. We Southern Californians are used to seeing film crews everywhere and we know how to conduct ourselves when a location shoot is in progress. Besides, all the dialogue in the outdoor scenes had to be looped in postproduction anyway.

On second thought, it would have been a pretty hefty coincidence if an overhead walkway just happened to be in the right place for that shot. I'm sure the dark triangle in the upper left corner is just a piece of cardboard or something mounted on a stand in front of the camera.

ADDENDUM: Wait a minute -- this is a ZOMBIE THREAD!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013