Happy 96th birthday Jack Lalanne

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dar70, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

The "Father of fitness" Jack Lalanne celebrates his 96th on September 26th. This guy is a huge inspiration. I recently put myself on a healthy diet and excercise plan and have been watching Lalannes old videos on youtube for inspiration. His message and techniques never get old.(sadly though America still has a way to go when it comes to fitness) I remember watching him as a kid and wondering "whos the guy with only a chair in his house".:lol:

He still works out 2 hours a day. Little smaller now but for 96 hes looking great.:techman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hh_ZGd_j8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8TGjcxojgk

Lots of great clips. These are a couple of my favorites. Take the time to watch a few. Very inspiring. Proud to be a Lalanne "Student".

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Happy Birthday Jack, you're an amazing guy!

3. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes it does make me embarrassed that at 96 Jack LaLane is in better shape than I have ever been in my entire life. And i actually worry about getting older:sigh:

4. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    ^^

Well, I just found out that Danny Trejo is 66 years old, and he obviously just finished an action film (i.e. Machete)...

Peter Lupus is 78, and still working out. Literally.

Ralph Macchio is 48, and still looks like (and sounds like) he's 19 or 20.

Without going into details:
    The 'age thing' has occured to me as well; I'm 35, but people tend to think I'm in my early 20s...

I do try to maintain a diet of about 1400 calories Mon-Fri...then eating 'whateva' during the weekdays. (I had to 'cheat' last week because I went on a retreat with some friends at a Chinese church I attend; and I'm still feeling the food digest).

I guess it boils down to taking care of your body, eating right, etc...then age becomes 'nothin' but a number'...

Way to go, Jack LaLanne...

5. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, seriously? That's fantastic. I remember that they had one of his fitness stores in a strip mall near to my house. It's long since gone, but it's funnny memory.

6. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I love him!

7. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kudos, Jack! Keep it up.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Grinds up some apples and oranges in his Jack Lalanne fruit juice machine

:techman:

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Happy Birthday, Jack!
    You know, when I think of Jack Lalanne, I can't help but think of Lloyd Bridges as Admiral Benson from "Hot Shots":

"My eyes are ceramic. Caught a bazooka round at Little Big Horn. Or was it Okinawa? The one without the Indians."

"God, that's loud. My ear canals are very sensitive. They're stainless steel. Took a bullet in Corregidor. Passed straight through. "

"Pete 'Dead Meat' Thompson is dead. So is Mo Green, Tataglia, Barzini, the heads of all the five families. It is at moments like these, my dear friends, that we must ask ourselves: "How can this not be part of some larger plan?" Do good men like Dead Meat Thompson just blink out one day like a bad bulb? I mean, one minute you're in bed with a knockout gal... or guy, and the next, you're a compost heap. Doesn't that bother any of you? Because it scares the living piss outta me!"

Jack's going to outlive us all. :lol:

10. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

I was worrying about age long before I probably should have.:lol: Im 40 now, and I feel better than ever. I found out in July I had arthiritis in my lower back and one disc in my neck.(I had a thread in Neutral zone about it) My doctor told me it was common at my age especially if you have a physical job. I researched it and most people do start to get it in thier 40's. Its one of the reasons we shrink as we age. Many people dont even have a clue when it begins because they have no pain. I happen to have constant lower back pain. Nothing I cant withstand but it is a little annoying.

Anyhoo, I decided that it was time to get back in shape. I was 201 lbs, hardly obese but much more than I weighed 5 years ago. I cut my food comsumption by half and stopped drinking soda and eating fattening foods. I lost 21 pounds in about 2 or 3 weeks. I lost another ten in the last month or so. I now weight 170 lbs. Started working out again and I feel and look like im in my 20's again. Any pain I had in my body is now gone, except for the back pain. I dont suspect that will be going anywhere anytime soon. The trick is to strengthen the back muscles.

You can do it Rage. You have to want to. Just get up and start once you do it gets easier and easier.

I actually am having fun seeing my body transform and looking for healthy foods to eat. Its not hard at all.:techman: