nine minutes!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Temis the Vorta, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I'll be home during this release for a few days, so if my parents want to go (and foot the bill), I'll see it. Otherwise, I can wait until May.

2. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They did this for several Disney movies over the years, like Lion King, and Pocahantus. So I can believe they'll do this, easily. It can work really well, since unlike a standard trailer with no straight narrative, if they show the beginning of the film, the audience will already be invested in the story. It leaves the viewer with a sort-of cliff hanger. Now the viewer "has" to see it to continue what they've already started.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The first nine minutes or so of ST09 were arguably the best part of that movie, too, so if the same holds true for ID then IMAX viewers could be in for a really special treat.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Ask TDKR.

5. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To everyone seeing the nine minutes; the rest of us here expect a fully detailed report including a complete transcript and at the very least, hand drawn illustrations we can download, print, cutout and make a flip book.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  6. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

It is now being reported that the first full-length trailer for "Star Trek into Darkness" will be released on the same weekend that the nine minutes of preview footage will be shown.

The nine-minute preview will be shown alongside "The Hobbit", but only on IMAX. The trailer proper will be attached to the regular cinema screenings of "The Hobbit". The following week it will also be attached to Tom Cruise's "Jack Reacher" and will appear online then as well.

The nine-minute preview supposedly will not be (legally) online.

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2012/11/star-trek-into-darkness-trailer/

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

As awesome as a flip book would be, I'd settle for a phone cam recording. Even if in IMAX and 3D, any recording would make your average Bigfoot sighting video look like it's in 1080p.

8. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Since I arrive in LA on the 23rd of December and "The Hobbit" doesn't open in Australia till the 26th, and "Jack Reacher" not till 3rd January, this might be very good planning on my part.

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since we are getting the trailer I think I'll be skipping the nine minutes in IMAX. I'll wait for the youtubes of it.

10. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Good thing I won't watch The Hobbit in IMAX.

11. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:cardie: I know that. I was joking! :guffaw: :guffaw: :bolian:

Wouldn't either this site or Youtube not allow non-authorized bootlegs of the footage to be posted?

12. F. King Daniel

The trick is to keep checking back using the "newest first" search filter, then download it as soon as it appears, before the Youtube police take it down.

The Man of Steel Comic-con trailer was up and down like crazy after it's premiere.

13. F. King Daniel

Not that I know anything about these things I am saying, of course...

14. O. Brien

O. Brien Ensign Newbie

What is your issue with Cumberbatch's voice? He's generally considered to have one of the best in the business.

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I assume it was a reference to Tom Hardy as Bain.

16. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

If I have to go on my own to imax I shall. I know I'll be seeing the hobbit, yet to decide when. With the trailer, rather watch it on the big screen first.

17. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

It also pays to do a general video search as well. All sorts of obscure sites will carry the video after youtube has deleted the content.

Not that I know anything about these things either...