Smallville10x21&22 "Finale" Discuss/Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, May 13, 2011.

?

Grade "Finale"

1. SUPERMAN (Excellent)

33 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. The Blur (Above Average)

24 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. CLARK KENT (Average)

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Kal-El (Below Average)

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  5. BIZARRO (Poor)

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

^ I'm pleased you were able to do that.

2. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Thanks. Sorry you couldn't.

3. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

None of the pieces falling into their places within Superman canon were done naturally. There wasn't any natural character progression to the point of becoming hero, love interest, or villain. Everything that happened was because Clark was coerced into it, told it's how it's gotta be 'cause it's in a comic book, or saw the future and accepted it. He was never written as a character who can plausibly pull off Superman. He was afraid of heights for 10 seasons for Pete's sake.

4. Captain Mike

Can we all say CW?...:lol:

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Ima just view Smallville as an alternate Earth. Earth 3 or 4 or 5 or 99 if you will, one possible Superman story. Cause CW really did a disservice to the Superman mythos.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Pete's sake"

Interesting choice of worlds. :)

Think Dorothy Gale.

She had the power to go home all along.

Which is exactly what Kara told him 2 seasons ago when she didn't throw him by his ankles into the stratosphere during that episode exclusively devoted to teaching him how to fly.

I want to discuss what Jor-El meant by "trials".

Is it possible that the boy who could not fly was operating with a net the whole time?

Did kryptonian machinery have it's fingers into the minds of most of humanity to make sure that Clark got training wheels while learning how to stand up to the big bad? Was there no point during the entire run of Smallville that he was ever in any danger and every threat was manufactured and regulated by either his ship or the fortress?

If so, then, every victory was hollow.

And every lesson was pointless.

7. Captain Mike

I may be mistaken but doesn't Jor-El state that he HAD to combine his Kryptonian and his human side to be the "HERO"?

8. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

question on the ending where lois and clarke renewing there wedding vows on that day or what? all so why did they have to kill tess of like that really. now if there is no spin off they could do movies like B5 once a year to fill in the seven year time frame.
    I so can't wait till the box set comes out.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Apparently, the first wedding didn't count because it was interrupted by the best man getting possessed by the ultimate cosmic evil. (Don't you hate it when that happens?) So they were trying again--seven years later!

I doubt that that they have tv-movies in mind, not with the new SUPERMAN movie in the works.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  10. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The Superman scenes felt like a total rehash of scenes from Superman Returns.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

True, except that it really wasn't at all.

12. Guy Gardener

Jor-El sounds a little like an Adult form Charlie Brown very quickly.

But that just seems like psycho-babble for that he was in denial about a fraction (Chunk) of his personality...

(I'm watching Rock Hudson trying to seduce Doris Day in Pillow Talk right now. Not exactly denial (IT'S CALLED ACTING!) but I'm over-reading into some of the script about love being somewhat ambiguous that thy're trying to backdoor make homosexuality acceptable to the American contemporal consciousness of the late 1950s.)

...If Martha hadn't murdered his Kryptonian half with black Kryptonite back in season four.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  13. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

is'nt the ceramony finished when the vows are exchanged and why wait another seven years to marry?

14. Guy Gardener

According to the Princess bride if some old guy doesn't say "man and Wife", then there is no wedding. but then that old guy tried to kill Supergirl so why should we trust him?

1. they might have almost gotten married 2 dozen times but life and super-villains constantly got in the way.

2. When Clark went into the future at the beginning of the season was Lois a Kent or a Lane?

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You know, I like that explanation:

"I now pronounce you . . . "

"Wait! Watchtower's on the line. A meteor freak has escaped from LexCorp and is destroying Metropolis!"

"Again? Just for once, can't we get through the whole ceremony?"

"Sorry, Lois. This is a job for you-know-who. Try again next weekend?"

"Sure. Whatever."

16. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

Above Average, barely...

It was kind of boring for the first hour and a half. Then Darkseid and Apokolips are defeated with one flying super punch and one flying super shove a piece. And Green Arrow takes out the minions with one split arrow attack. Lame.

CGI Superman was also lame. But at least we got a few minutes of Superman at all.

Maybe I should have voted Average after all. :lol:

17. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Right, I was referring to an official introduction through the eyes of the media. It didn't have to be a long and drawn out scene; a simple "Great interview last night, Clark" by Lois would've sufficed. Then have a few of them stand over Tess' grave. I think the writers decided not to do that since it would complicate people's perception of Clark/Supe and how much they looked alike before the glasses.

18. Guy Gardener

But Tess is going to come back as an 80 foot mecha.

And if they finally kill her, then her ghost is going to eat her brother.

19. drychlick

drychlick Captain Captain

it was good but not great! i want more action and more superman! smallville and that the way i feel about it love dr :confused:

20. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I decided on Below Average

Really, they needed a reveal of Superman to Metropolis. After pushing Apokolips away, he should have descended to that crowd on the ground, and stood there looking like superman, and then do the iconic one handed up on the air fly off, with a wave.