Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JJ-R, Sep 5, 2012.

1. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Have to agree. Are these the features that Trekcore knew about all along, or is there something else.

Seems I was correct about the bloopers, wrong about SofG. To say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement. I feel I've been hanging on for months for some big announcement and then we get this. That is not to say I'm not looking forward to the release of this set, on the contrary, I cannot wait!

I'd compare it to opening all my presents on Christmas morning and finding I'd got exactly what I wanted. But then the "special" dinner I've been promised, and have been looking forward to (for three months!), turns out to be meatloaf, sprouts and lemonade... Christmas was still good but I wish I hadn't been made over-the-top promises and left a little disapointed. :techman:

2. gaghyogi49

gaghyogi49 Commander Red Shirt

I don't know, I think the whole package of special features is outstanding.

Deleted scenes from 3 episodes in HD
    A blooper reel in HD
    Audio commentaries for two episodes...

we never got those things for previous TNG releases.

Then the excellent making of documentaries, even another one about the remastering. Finally new interviews with Diana Muldaur! The last video interviews she did were in 1988...

Getting to see the Reading Rainbow in SD at least (better than that youtube video) is awesome, as well.

That plus all the old stuff from the DVDs included as well. This sure is a nice Christmas present...if only I could actually wait until Christmas to give the blu-rays a spin ;-)

3. Cap.T

Cap.T Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well I can say I'm NOT underwhelmed with the special features. It's a great list and I'm really looking forward to this set!

Thanks CBS for the new features.

4. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Granted, she has given few interviews on Trek, but she talked pretty extensively about both TOS and TNG in this nice interview from last year. But still, I'm looking forward to more from her on this new release.

EDIT: Oh, and also: Wow, what great bonus features! Deleted scenes are pretty much the best thing that can come out with a release like this.

5. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

These are the features I've been referencing! Man - what else could you possibly want!? BRAND NEW gag reel (almost 10 minutes in length), BRAND NEW deleted scenes - material that hasn't been seen in 25 years. That blows my mind!

Plus Audio Commentaries (which CBS only agreed to do because of fan demand) and beautiful new interviews with Diana Muldaur and John deLancie. Plus the Reading Rainbow material with new LeVar Burton introduction. Plus the HUGE Part 2 of the wonderful TNG Documentary. Plus the hilarious and touching 1 HOUR Cast Reunion. Seriously - it doesn't get much better than this, I totally stand by my statement that this represents the best Trek home video release we've ever been given. They have gone WAAAAAY beyond the call of duty with this one.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Can't speak for anyone else, but I sure can't wait 'til release date! Fingers crossed no screw ups this time. ;)

7. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow deleted scenes that is pretty awesome!! Very cool!! These special features for season 2 are really good!!

8. Jefferies

Jefferies Captain Captain

The complete list of bonus features is truely outstanding! However, I am just surprised that they made such a big deal about adding a blooper reel and some cut scences. If they wanted to hold back on something and go for a big scoop they should have kept the Measure of a Man or cast reunion secret. Just seems like an odd marketing choice as I don't see how these smaller final additions would sway anyone into buying the set if they weren't already decided?

9. gaghyogi49

gaghyogi49 Commander Red Shirt

I think you are mixing something up here. They (CBS) never said that the special features would be mind-blowing, they didn't really say much, they only revealed the extended cut after Melinda Snodgrass and Robert Meyer Burnett had tweeted about it.

FrontierTrek knew about the full extend of the special features, teased a little and shared his enthusiasm (which I share as well). That might have led to people expecting more and more. That and Robert Meyer Burnett's twitter teasing ;-)

10. senten

senten Ensign Red Shirt

The special features list on this is incredible alright. Can't wait.

Only minor thing (among oceans of awesome features :lol:): no Season 3 trailer.

11. Jefferies

Jefferies Captain Captain

That explaines it then.

With regard to the Season 3 Trailer, I suspect it's on there. They always have a trailer on the first disc of a set.

12. sadsquid

sadsquid Lieutenant Red Shirt

Surely they'd include a Season 3 trailer. It must just be part of one of the other features or something.

Season 2 special features look amazing! Everything you could ever possibly want! Can't wait for December. Hopefully the special features for later seasons follow suit :D

13. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My post from a month ago...

I stand by this. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited by these features. I just get the feeling we were lead to believe there was something even more exciting. Gag-reels are fine, but not in the same league as these features.

14. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

It looks like they pulled the "Q Who" commentary.

15. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Depends what's on the gag reel, doesn't it! :bolian:

Nope! Read our article here: http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/31102012_s2pressrelease.html

The "Q Who" commentary WILL be on the set - they just missed it off the press release!!

16. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Phew. That's a relief.

17. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

To those complaining about the extras... seriously!? These extras are amazing when you consider how many years ago we're talking here.
    I'm psyched!

18. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Yeah, for a Trek release these extras are wild. Berman never let deleted scenes or gag reels out of his iron grip. Nice to finally see some. I just hope the quality of season 2 holds up to Season 1. CBS D really outdid themselves. I don't want to see differences in color and execution in seasons 2, 4, and 6.

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'd definitely rather have a season every six months or so than to have a difference in quality for various seasons. Oh well.

20. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

[RIGHT]
    [LEFT]Me too. Perhaps CBS and the partner company don't have an issue with the impulse engine changing from orange to pinkish red, but it really bugs me. The colours of season one were vibrant and looked correct, but from what I've seen of Season 2 so far, things look more faded out or something. The colour of the impulse engine should not be so drastically different. I had hoped having Dan Curry on board we wouldn't have seen differences like this...but I'm hoping he also didn't intentionally change it due to personal preferences. I mean, it wasn't red in Generations.
    [/LEFT]

[/RIGHT]