Farscape - Starburst DVDs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Brikar99, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

I can't recall if it was established at the time why Sony bought just the one season, and what the hell they intended to do with it. Did the reasoning (if that's the right word :lol:) ever emerge?

2. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

In NZ you can get the full 4-season (full seasons) set in one pack, for US$88. No extras though.

Not a bad looking box too. If I liked the show I would've snapped it up.

3. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

Their Sony is that reason enough?

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

What? You mean you weren't provided with a full set of the show? What kind of frelled-up operation are those thoddos running, anyway? :p

5. Sony only bought the rights to S1 because those were the only rights available at that time, since S2-4 rights were still held by ADV.

I read on a DVD board I visit that all of the Starburst Editions from ADV are now OOP (out-of-print), so it's possible that Sony may release the whole series now since they (presumably) hold the rights to everything (except the Peacekeeper Wars, as that's through Lionsgate.)

I guess we'll see.

6. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

That makes sense. It also makes sense that they'd sit on the first season 'til they get the rest. It'll be interesting to see what happens - I'd like to see some better quality sets available in R4. The ones we got were / are an absolute joke.

7. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Along with Lexx, this is a series I fancy having on DVD from time to time. So from time to time I check the prices and decide not to :p

Your mileage may vary, from Ebay to Play.com, £28 to £80 :rolleyes:

8. amdmiami

amdmiami Commander Red Shirt

Now, all the starburst editions have gone OOP. Is Sony ever planning on re-releasing them?

9. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

I did the same thing, I waited till they got rid of the double sided crappy ones. I have seasons 3&4 of the Starburst packs, never got to buy Season 1.

10. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

Nah they'll just sit on the rights like they did with Transformers.:mad: