Do you own a pizza cutter?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Sep 27, 2012.

?

Do you own a pizza cutter?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Irrelevant. I never cook pizza.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Silly question, I know, but I'm curious. I have never owned a pizza cutter. If I'm going to cook a pizza, I just cut it using a larger butcher knife. I have friends, however, that don't understand how this works. A few weeks ago, I had some friends over, and we cooked a pizza. When the pizza was done, my buddy took it out of the oven and scoured my kitchen for a pizza cutter. When I told him I didn't have one, he looked like he was just presented with the most complicated riddle in the history of the world. I told him to just use a knife, so he found a small steak knife and attempted to saw the pizza in half with it.

So I'm here to find out how weird I am. Do you own a pizza cutter? And if you had to cut a pizza without a pizza cutter, how difficult a task would that be for you?

2. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I also just use a butcher knife. I don't make pizza nearly enough to really need one. If the pizza is thick enough, it's actually easier than using a pizza cutter.

3. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We've had a pizza cutter for at least 10 years. It's a large, wooden-handled cutter that we got at local take-n-bake pizza shop that was doing a promotion where you get the cutter for $2 or something.It's alright for what it is, and we cut other stuff with it too. Quesadillas, grilled cheese sandwiches, dough for different things. Yes we could use a knife for all these things, but this thing was basically free, and does a nice job.If it dies, I doubt I'd spend the money to replace it, but I use it quite a bit now.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

No not at the house I live in now, but my parents do...I've actually been meaning to get one because all of us eat a ton of pizza, delivery and homemade. We just use a bread knife. Works decently.

6. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have 3. I think. Actually I havn't seen one in a while so maybe I only have two. I got two for wedding presents and my son gave me an enterprise pizza cutter for xmas a couple years ago.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Yes, it's a little dull but still works

8. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes.

Somewhere.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yes. It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

It's very handy and works like a charm; the handle can be removed for cleaning. However, we rarely eat pizza any more.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, I do. Before that I just used a sharp knife. I'd use a fork to keep the pizza from sliding on the pizza pan as I cut it. It's not that difficult to cut it with a knife if you have to. I find that the cutter is easier to use.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, that's why I use a butcher knife. I just push down a little bit, and the pizza is cut. No sawing or slicing needed.

12. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I always break pizza cutters. I use a sandwich knife with a 12" blade.

I wouldn't mind one of those cutters they use at pizza places.

[​IMG]

13. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

I do own one, but I could live without it just fine.

14. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I do, but for quite a while I'd forgotten I had one, so for a time I cut pizzas into sections with kitchen shears.

15. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I used my butchers knife for decades, then a friend shocked I had no pizza cutter went out and bought me one.
    I still usually use the knife.

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hate having extra implements piling up in the kitchen. If a knife will do then I don't want some food specific tool as well. So, no I do not own a pizza cutter.

17. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes... got sick of butchering it with a bread knife, don't have very many job specific knives actually! Now, I wouldn't want to use anything else, just saves time. Although I enjoy eating heartily, I like to spend the minimum possible time in the kitchen.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Yep. I don't use it as much as I used to because most pizzas I've eaten in the recent past have been presliced pies from takeout and delivery chains, but I have a cutter.

19. Delsaber

Delsaber Commodore Commodore

Hmm, I'm surprised at the results of this poll so far. I figured most people wouldn't have one.

Myself? In the rare instances when home-cooked pizza happens, I just knife 'em, uh uh uh uh uh, knife'd until they look vaguely like pizza slices.

20. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Two identical ones, both as wedding gifts