STO Trek BBS Fleet

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by aelius, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Ah-Ha. This clears things up for me. I was gonna ask what I needed to do to get promoted from Chief to Officer. My original character (which admittedly I haven't used much in the last couple of months,) had sorta stalled out. I'd donated a bunch of stuff to the fleet bank thinking I needed to be contributing more there to get noticed for it. Also i only just recently got to 100 days so i thought that might have been part of it. I'm not complaining btw. Just glad to have things a little clearer. Thanks! :bolian:

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I was going to ask the same thing a while back, but I haven't been on a whole lot lately. Nice weather, combined with STO not actually adding any new content, and I've sorta been less enticed to play as often. I'll pop in here and there, but not doing the big sessions I was doing when there was new game to play...

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Quick info for all newcomers to the fleet.

Please make sure you join our custom chat channel in game.
    TrekBBS Subspace Com
    It allows you to communicate with fleet members account wide.
    meaning with non aligned toons, KDF toons and even Champions Online toons.

4. Judy Waxhorn

Judy Waxhorn Lieutenant

If we're looking for something to do... how about this weekend we do Shuttles on one team... Tier I/II on the other team.

It will be a GLORIOUS SLAUGHTER. Yes it will.

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

A Tier I or II starship will slaughter a shuttle, all skills being equal.

A possible scenario would be to pit a few VA's in Delta Flyers against LCDR's in tier II starships.

I'm usually on 10pm-12or1am (Central European Time) although I sometimes get on 4-6am.

6. Timelord Victorious

Alternatively will our allies from Grand Imperial Fleet host another PVP tournament on Saturday where we can participate. The first one last weekend was great fun. 5 Million Credits for 1st place. 3 Mio for 2nd and 2 Mio for 3rd plus a purple item for each contestant.

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

is there any kind of rank limit?

8. Rocketeer

The PvP tournament sounds interesting. Please share some more details.

9. Timelord Victorious

So far no, but bringing anything but a Vice Admiral/ Lieutenant General is suicide.

Here is the link for the event last weekend again to get an idea. Rules might change a bit for the next one. I will post them as soon as I know more.

http://grandimperial.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7444440&p=27212793&gid=188662#27212793

10. Judy Waxhorn

Judy Waxhorn Lieutenant

Disagree. Properly statted and equipped shuttles slaughter Tier One/Two ships.

11. Rocketeer

I'll purchase a Tier II cruiser and outfit it today or tomorrow.

Then you can show me I'm wrong (or not). :-)

12. Rocketeer

I'm interested in helping with crafting and/or repository management. Whenever you or Foxton feel comfortable with that.

I disagree with your assumption that people are trustworthy based on having a high title on the BBS. If you need examples on this BBS, let me know. I found a few trolls that have made thousands of posts without making any that contribute to the discussion of Star Trek. To quote the BBS FAQ "More posts does not on its own mean anything. User titles are just for fun".

Not an attack on you, just challenging this particular fleet rule.

13. Timelord Victorious

Would be interesting to have a hybrid match with sort of Quidditch rules.
    Have 4 Shuttles/fighters and one capitol ship. You can win by x number of kills. But destroying the capital ship counts as ten. Or something like that.

14. Judy Waxhorn

Judy Waxhorn Lieutenant

oooOOOoo a THROWDOWN. :rofl:

Very well sir, prepare to be... ENTERTAINED. :cool:

15. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Since the Tribble F2P beta test server is supposed to finally be up today, how about we all log in there and make a fleet.

Unfortunately it won't allow you to import your existing characters, so if you are going to test you'll have to make one from scratch. Since it's on a test server, it will mean you won't be able to supply your alt with equipment via another toon.

16. Timelord Victorious

One flaw in that plan. I think silvers can't create a fleet!

17. Blamo

From what I've read we will still be considered goldies. For one thing, they want to test the stipend.

18. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn.

19. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

Only for the moment, because they want you to test out the improvements made to the tutorial and the level progression - can't do that if everyone instantly starts playing VA! :D

20. Blamo

Whoops, yeah we all start as silvers.

I admit I haven't done much research, but doesn't that mean we're stuck with 4 BO slots?

Hmm, I'm really going to have to work hard at being efficient with my build and career.

Since we have to start off as fed and given you can't buy dual heavy cannons at common Fed vendors, beams/torps will be the way to go. That means cruisers.

I can tank in a cruiser pretty easily, so I'll make a tactical captain for the damage. Preferably alien with efficiency, accurate, elusive and techie traits.

That leaves the bridge officers. Since it's only four and I'm going to fly a cruiser, I'll use 1 tactical, 2 engineers and 1 science.

Tactical abilities will most definitely be torp spread 1. Science ability will be hazard emitters 1 (then sci team 1 and hazard emitters 2 when I can use them). Engineer 1's ability will be emergency power to shields.

Sorry, just thinking aloud.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.