7 Of 9's Costume?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Jetfire, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think most of us can agree that 7 Of 9(Jeri Ryan) looked great in the VOY Starfleet uniform or in most other regular clothes of course...how ever the "cat suit" is mainly what this discussion will be about.

[​IMG]

Here; http://trekcore.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=10

Will give you an idea of the various styles & colors.

Various colors included; silver with piping, brown, brown with piping, maroon, plum, blue and 2 tone blue...may it is blue and grey...if I missed any I am sure someone will correct me.

I personally feel a violet, green & black with piping would have suited her more than the brown ones.

Do you have a favorite?

2. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

7 looked best when she was wearing...honestly, anything else. But OF the ridiculous catsuits, the black/grey one she wore in Scientific Method (and others, I just know for sure it was in that one) was the one that looked the most respectable and generally fit her best, I think. The silver one she had at first was absolutely painful to look at though.

3. Commander_Kaz

Commander_Kaz Ensign Newbie

I liked the blue one, although honestly she did look a bit ridiculous in the catsuit.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

5. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I like the episode where she was wearing the blue TNG skirt uniform and boots...

Rowrrr....

6. Neutral Zone

Neutral Zone Captain Captain

With that suit she would have made a great looking Cat woman in a Batman movie!

7. Joel_Kirk

For that, the suit would have had to be slick leather...;)

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am actually surprised they didn't try to put her in leather or vinyl for that matter. :lol:

I am getting a bad flash back of that Batman costume with nipples. :guffaw:

9. Joel_Kirk

Well, I could understand if VOY became a lot more popular if they did...;)

10. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Of her various catsuits, I personally think she looked best in her original silver one.

11. Joel_Kirk

Agreed...

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jeri Ryan would look good in a potato sack :devil:

Of her catsuits, I think I preferred her silver one.

I liked the ribbing underneath her suits. It gave the impression she had more exoskeleton than just we saw on her hand - but IIRC her back was totally bare in Q2. Curse those Voyager continuty blunders! They can't even get naked right!

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So is it more or less creepy that he doctor designed these "catsuits" for her to wear while he was lusting and pining after her than if her wardrobe had been her choice entirely to be on display in a state of silohetted nudity?

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Less creepy in the beginning...more so later on perhaps.

I like the silver one too...and the blue.

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

silver looked the best, though i understand it caused Jeri Ryan a great deal of pain. second best would be the second one. never cared for the brown one at all.

16. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They put her in that costume to try and make her hotter.

this demonstrates that they had no understanding of what an attractive woman should look like as she'd have been much more attractive in a starfleet uniform with her hair down than a tin foil catsuit and headmistress' hairstyle.

they succeeded in making her look frumpy and about 10 years older

17. Guy Gardener

They did the same thing to Mulgrew. I thought she was weeeeell past her expiration date until she put that bun aside for her bob. Four years after we met i was only just noticing that she's not even Mrs Robinson. Then of course I marched out of First Contact talking about Picards arms from seeing him scale a cable in a vest during the final battle. If a golden boy could have brought the sexy to the fore at that late stage inthe game, exactly how much of a doddering grampies attitude where they forcing on him in seaons one TNG that he could have been able (if he felt like it, which he wouldn't have.) to out Horndog Riker?

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

They did the same thing with T'Pol on ENT and pretty much the same thing with Deanna Troi on TNG for a few seasons.

I think all the catsuits spanning these series illustrated (1).

19. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have a slightly different opinion, she looked really good in that blue Starfleet uniform in "Relativity" and mostly because she looked respectable.

20. Guy Gardener

I agree with the ferengi. There is much pleasure in taking off nd imaing how you will take off a womans clothing.

In TNG, that's just what peopel wore. The style or lack of or 80s style they used was, hurpmf, uniform.

DS9 changed that. layers. Lots of civilians. Loo-ooking good.

here's a thought.

What if if the Doctor just wan't hip?

he was twenty years behind the times.

Unless he was being retro or backward on purpose, as he wasn't dressing Seven like a sex worker, he was dressing seven like a grandma to AVOID the gal being drooled over and preyed on?

I'd also address the points that she was a child and had no practice or talent for dresing herself, and a few episodes of her looking like she was playing dress up in mommies closet would have been as Hilarious as Ivanova teaching Delenn about haircare. Child or not she had a huge empty space in place of this basic human activity.