Speculations on Star Trek 3?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by starsuperion, Jun 2, 2014.

1. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I understood that, Kirk and cia will find something hostile in deep space. What does this mean? Will they be alone in space? Will they be in Federation frontier, without other resource, station or ships?

They could create CGI new alien/creatures more powerful, you had already seen.

Then, in this case, Orci could be inclined to think in another alien, not Klingons, not Romulans. How about Gorns?
    I Like Gorns. They are hostile, powerful, faster, and totally against Federation and humans.

But McCoy in STID said something about delivering some gorns babies. It sounded rather strange.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

A nod to Star Trek: The Video Game.

3. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Never played, very likely never will, but I will always be grateful for it as it gave us the wonderful Shat vs. Classic Gorn commercial. :lol:

4. BillJ

It's worth a try if you can get it real cheap. Just don't pay sixty bucks for it like I did! :eek:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09VxIwmL4FU[/yt]

5. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't even think Kirk is that particularly different than TOS Kirk in basic traits, just how they're emphasized and how fast they are developed is different. Both Kirk's are cock-sure of themselves. Both like to charm the ladies. Both are incredibly intelligent and fast thinking. Both have a personal moral compass that drives them. Both can chafe at authority. Both are brave. Both can be glib. Both are leaders, though one is more well-formed than the other because he's ten years older. Both rush in where angels fear to tread. Both are physical and won't duck a fight. There are probably even more comparisons that are apt, but that's enough.

I think the writers said they were most scared writing for Kirk, but captured his essence and at least made me believe that was Jim Kirk and he was doing what any Jim Kirk would've done living in the same circumstances.

As far as Spock goes, his planet of six billion people was destroyed in ST09, and he controlled his emotions very well until Kirk finally pulled them out of him. Remember, it's Kirk himself in TWOK who said that of all the souls he encountered, Spock's was the most human. And as far as his other outbursts go, they're well within the parameters of Spock Prime, especially the young Spock. (Once more, with feeling, "The women!") In TUC, Spock was so disgusted with Valeris at the end that he essentially mind-raped her. That wasn't being in very good control of his emotions, either.

About the Spock and Uhura relationship, at least on screen, we have no idea if it's gotten as far sex, especially while they were at the academy.

Edited to add: Never saw that commercial. Hilarious!

6. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

And he smacked the phaser out of her hand with quite a lot of force, he seemed mega pissed then!

7. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

No rerouting of the phaser banks main plasma conduits through the power couplings of the shield emitters. Check.
    No reversing of the polarity of anything. Check.
    No bombardment of the USS Vengeance EPS manifolds with anti-tachnyon radiation. Check.
    No alignment of phase inducers with the computer matrices of the universal translator. Check.
    No rotating shield frequencies at 6 ms intervals. Check.
    No chroniton flux outside of normal parameters. Check.

Not Star Trek.

To everyone who claims STID is Star Trek, admit that in real Star Trek the Vengeance would have been defeated in a couple of minutes after a clever application of a combination of those, and the Enterprise and San Francisco would have been unscathed.

8. BillJ

And the majority of us would've been asleep! :lol:

9. YellowSubmarine

Yeah, and what will I use to put me sleep now? I'll have to go back to counting sheep. You know that's the dictionary definition of torture.

Unless... Oh my god... Sheep with polarized tricyclic parabolic deflector dishes on their heads...

10. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I really wish we could desist from using the phrase "real Star Trek". :shrug:

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fine. Pure Star Trek.

12. LOKAI of CHERON

OK, my post wasn't a challenge. I just find it odd when a fan refers to their preferred iteration of Trek as "real". It just doesn't make any sense.

There's a lot of Berman era Trek (DS9 particularly), that doesn't have much to do with my personal idea of Star Trek, but it is Star Trek - hence the name.

13. The Wormhole

Abrams blinded us with lens flares, confused as with characters who constantly talk over each other, and excited us with thrilling action sequences. That's not the Star Trek I grew up with. I grew up with Trek which consists of long table meetings where everyone delivers Shakespearean monologues to discuss their views on the plan to rescue the Andorian Ambassador. Abrams raped my childhood with his action movie stamped with "Star Trek."

14. LOKAI of CHERON

Ah, OK, understood!

15. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

how about the borg appearing in the next movie as the villians or Q?.

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

But, but, but... we had a long table meeting!
    [​IMG]

17. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was waiting for someone to write this :lol:.

18. YellowSubmarine

Clearly, as per VOY: Relativity, a comfortable place to hold a meeting is not canon. Despite the lack of cushioned armrests, this room is way too comfortable for real Star Trek!

19. The Wormhole

Which was interrupted by an action scene. Board room meetings with explosions, what is this Michael Bay?

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Explosions of fiery death, explosions of political intrigue... it's all the same:p