Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

meh, I just finished the romulan rep on my sci fed toon. though I could use the opportunity to sponsor my Romulan captain and finish it there....

3. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

They should have done this ages ago. Otherwise, the only truly viable means of getting Rommie Marks is to grow eppohs.

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yep, the Romulan ones are brutal outside of the Christmas Eppoh growing.

Would be nice if they changed the overall splash screen when you log in, seeing as how Legacy of Romulus was several seasons ago, though...

5. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Hoping to get some time on the game this weekend. I'm waaaaaaaaaay behind. Been weeks since I'm done anything other than log in and check my messages.

6. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I played a couple of Azure Nebula events, romulan marks rewarded went from 24 to 36. How is that a quadruple? Its not even doubled. *facepalms*

7. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

^The quadruple is only on New Romulus missions (the doubling is staying, just being doubled again for this weekend). Other Romulan mark missions only get 50% more, so your numbers are as intended.

Although there is apparently a problem with interacts on New Romulus at the moment...

8. Timelord Victorious

I am thinking about changing my weapons set up for my tac main.

He is using Tetryons, becaue I like the shield drain proc and their blue.

Though the rest of the build is straight damage not drain which I don't have put many skill points into.

I would prefer to boost crit a bit more.

So the best would be AP weapons. But I don't really like their stock effects. The sound effect is really annoying and the visuals could be better.

Are there any variants that appear bluish and have a less headache inducing sound effect?

9. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Well, it would require a purchase, but what about the blue Andorian phasers?

10. Timelord Victorious

That's a possibility, but I don't see the benefit of phasers over tetryons to justify the cost of a C-store ship purchase plus all the dilithium and fleet credits for the actual weapons. I need 6-7 beams plus new consoles.

11. Ruaidhri

Had some Zen built up from my stipend, bought some keys, and opened some Tal Shiar lockboxes.

Got a Helmsman trait out of it, and trying to decide on whether to use it or sell it. They seem to be going for over 30 million ECs right now. But the idea of dropping 10 seconds from the cooldown for evasive maneuvers is appealing for my D'deridex-flying Romulan.

12. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Use should always trump money. If it will improve your gameplay, keep it.

13. Ruaidhri

Succinctly put, and just what I'm going to do.

14. Timelord Victorious

Yup. You didn't lose 30 mil by not selling it, you saved 30 mil by not having to buy it. ;)

15. Cyke101

Oh, that's pretty sweet! I've lost count of how many times I've died because I didn't fly out of weapons range fast enough ;)

16. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is anyone planning on doing the shuttle events this weekend? I think they should have called it a small craft weekend instead.

I put together a fighter to give it a go. I selected the Voth Heavy Shuttle and added the following to it:

Weapons:
    Advanced Fleet Antiproton dual beams with [ACC]x2 [DMG]x2 (Heavy fighter won't take DHC)
    Borg Kinetic Cutting Beam

Borg Deflector
    Borg Engine
    Fleet Warp Cores with [AMP]
    Fleet Resilient Shields

Consoles:
    Tachyokinetic Converter Console
    Borg Assimilated Console
    Vulnerability Locator Tactical Consoles (Beams)

Rare Male Romulan Tactical Officer

I have tried it out in the Atmospheric Assault, and while I died, I didn't die as often as I have in other shuttles. It's a fairly durable fighter and it holds its own in a fight.

17. Cyke101

It really is quite addicting fighting side by side with 19 other small craft, especially since you have your choice of marks. I've been trying to boost up every kind of reputation research I can this whole time, rather than specializing in one.

-------

Anyway, I'd like to request some advice on ship weapons: my slow-moving cruiser has a focus on plasma beam arrays and the appropriate consoles for it to maximize DPS as much as possible. Are the Fleet Mark XII plasma arrays worth it, or do you recommend other alternatives?

Seriously curious since there's plenty of grinding to do and I'd like to use my resources wisely.

18. Timelord Victorious

Fleet consoles are the best there is.

19. Cyke101

Thanks! Now to get to work.

20. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

The shuttle event is very fun, love the choice of marks! It's so good it should be permanent.

I just switched my engineer from plasma to tetryon just for something different. Haven't used them much yet but they look neat. I also have a couple refracting tetryon beams, I see them really refracting though... must be invisible...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.