Halloween Costume Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Oct 2, 2009.

1. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

I take that as the highest compliment, coming from the king of amazing costumes. :) And The Hubby likes UnderDog the best because he says it's more of an actual "costume", and he figures we'll see a lot of vampires aboard ship for the same reason I came up with it.

And thank you again. I try to be thoughtful in most things. But, I have to admit, along with nearly a century having passed, another reason I don't think the Titanic thing would be an issue is that, on formal nights, one of the "faux backgrounds" the photographers use is that grand staircase from the Movie Titanic. :wtf: I've always thought that a bit ... odd. But, is sort of where my idea came from.

Wow, yeah. the stewardess thing was a bit ... untimely, to say the least. And I agree with you that there will probably be a lot of Michael Jacksons this year. I remember, when I was in college, the original "Tylanol deaths" occurred right before Halloween that year, and I was at a party where a couple came dressed as a bottle of Tylanol and the Grim Reaper. Sort of funny, but untimely. Especially because we were in Oregon and the original deaths occurred in the Seattle area and we had people in school from that area who knew some of the victims.

So, now I'm leaning toward either UnderDog or the Titanic victim.

2. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's my costume from last year. I was Harvey Dent/Two-Face. Made from scratch, which included buying a cheap suit jacket and taking a lighter and spray paint to one side. I went to a night club Halloween night and won $250 and first place in the costume contest. There were quite a few pissed off girls in skimpy "costumes" that night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This year I might go with another face mutilation costume and go as a Terminator, if I can find a cheap pair of red contact lenses.

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

This year, I'm going to be dressed as a tourist. :p I'll be on my way home from a New York trip on Halloween, so no dressing up for me this year. If I'm home in time for trick-or-treaters, I'll just put on my fairy wings when I answer the door.

Here's me in costume in '93- my eyes look weird.

[​IMG]

4. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

Holy crap!!! That is amazing! The suit and especially the face makeup. How did you do that? Or is that a professional secret? ;)

5. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ It does rock!

Your eyes look fine to me. And the hot woman your with looks just like Deanna.

:rommie:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  6. Kira's Mom

:lol: I was trying to look like Troi. I even bought a wig (my hair was too short).

7. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Mission accomplished. (And I want that Teddy! He is so cute.)

8. Kira's Mom

He's a North American Bear Company "V.I.B.". They don't make them anymore. Mr. Spock was retired in '95.

You can find them on ebay...there's a Spock going for $25 right now.

9. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Apparently my cohort is doing something for Halloween, so I need a costume. I have no talent at sewing, knitting, etc. and I'd rather not spend a fortune. This means whatever I end up doing will probably suck.

Shane (he's also somewhat stymied by the costume thing) says we should both just wear our Penn State football jerseys and say we're football players. That's a little too boring.

10. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Well you both could use skull masks and go as DEAD football players..

I'll be digging out the white labcoat again this year..

Mad Scientists never go out of style..

11. Brutal Strudel

Brutal Strudel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Um, why are you on a diet?

12. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

How about a slutty country vineyard owner? :p

13. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Flux, I remember your Two Face costume well from last year -- it really is fantastic!
    You're very sweet. I have type 1 diabetes. I've been on a diet since I was 12.

14. Brutal Strudel

Ah. I was afraid you had body image problems.

(Take this as gallantry [and honesty] rather than cyber-stalking: Overheard in New York said you were cute. Overheard in New York was right.)

15. Joshua Howard

Joshua Howard Captain Captain

Cool thread. I don't get involved in halloween, though I did pick up some Spock ears at the store the other day. I've got a Darth Vader costume stashed somewhere as well.

As I see it, Halloween only works if you've got an involved family. Wandering around in costume as a single person is more creepy/wierd than cool. Of course, there is always the "dress up at work" angle, which can work... but that shoots professionalism right in the foot; not to mention that I don't work a job which dressing up in costume could apply to.

16. Brutal Strudel

Parties, dude--when my friend was a nursing student, she took me to a party as her date. She was dressed as a Jedi nun (Force of Habit--she's a pathological punster) and was quite fetching. There were more than few pretty girls in costume there and one dude came to the party as Captain Kirk. It kinda rocked--especially since I was a good decade, decade and a half older than most of the people there.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's interesting is that tsq was overheard on two separate occasions. I hope nobody from that site was hanging around... :lol:

18. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I need to figure this out quickly. I Know I want to be a starfleet officer (not sure on era) or a ghostbuster.

19. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

A GB costume would rock. Starfleet uniforms are cool, though they're pretty common.

20. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Well, a bit of that too. But it's rather unavoidable as a young woman, isn't it?

Thanks. :)