38 minutes of the film in Brasil - SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by ralph, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

IMDB lists several women in the cast. So I'm gonna say, all them.

2. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

How much connective tissue will there be between action set pieces? What I have read lately, this film seems like many other action films of late - set pieces punctuated by the briefest of narrative exposition. In this summary, we leap from a father being told how to save his daughter to him being a terrorist. I would hope that the film fleshes out this summary, though I am doubtful. My experience with JJ Abrams films is that he doesn't have a deep understanding of human psychology.

3. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

IGN revels

Pike doesn’t end up in the chair but DEAD

4. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And furthermore....
    Adm. Marcus again becomes a poor schmuck who "volunteers" for the Robocop program...

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Another thing as well, and Im not sure if is just inferring this from the trailers and and the scenes that he saw but

6. Mirror Sulu

Mirror Sulu Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

One of Kirk's cat women will be M'Ress. You heard it here first.

Also...

Holy shit. Didn't see that one coming.

7. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

M'Ress only has eyes for Scotty. ;)

8. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's funny, because my experience with Trek fans in general is that they don't have a deep understanding of what makes a successful motion picture.:guffaw:

9. ralph

It is curious, some american fans are complaining of Brazilians showing spoilers, but other sites like IGN revealed more things and nobody complained about it. There were exclusive photos of Zach and Cumberbath fighting and nobody complained about it. Does only brazilian is wrong?
    But life goes on.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  10. yousirname

yousirname Commander Red Shirt

I really can't think of many things I'd less like to see in this movie than a five-minute sequence showing the gradual conversion of some random guy into a minor henchman who dies shortly after.

So it seems to me Abrams understands human psychology just fine. It's all in how you look at it. ;)

11. LtChange

LtChange Captain Captain

We ain't talking about the same scene. I'm talking about this one:

During the Spock/Harrison fight; Harrison and Spock go through several buildings and end up fighting on top of ships flying around the city.

12. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

My experience on Trek BBSs is that the JJ fans tend to be the most juvenile.

13. ralph

"Is there anything you would not do for your family?"
    That's the question

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Makes sense. Abrams and posse presumably want to kill someone the audience already knows. Do that cliche sequel thing movies are always doing today like when they killed Rachel in The Dark Knight, Agent Colson in The Avengers, M in Skyfall, and so on in that order. Since Paramount presumably won't allow them to kill one of the principal cast, that really only leaves Pike.

15. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Producer Bryan Burk introduced the first 30 minutes of the movie, followed by two additional scenes.
    also in a London screening
    http://www.slashfilm.com/early-buzz...nutes-of-star-trek-into-darkness/#more-165343

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2013/mar/08/star-trek-into-darkness-new-footage

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2013/03/08/star-trek-into-darkness-footage-reaction/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03...ressions-from-the-new-30-minute-super-teaser/

And if you really want spoilers, TrekMovie goes balls to the wall.

16. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

Do you think that JJ fans are becoming like Christopfer Nolan fans?

The Nolanites?

The Nolanties are so juvenile that they send out death threats to anyone that criticises a Nolan film.

17. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here. Some parts of a story can be left to the imagination of the movie-goer. Clarke was an obviously desparte person who made a deal with the devil. If he doesn't follow through, the consequences are certainly terrible for his entire family. That's explanation enough for me.

Though, you still gotta wonder why that's the only method Harrison could apparently use to achieve his purpose.
    I mean, that's the only way a bomb could be planted in a public library? A suicide bomber?
    Perhaps within story, getting Clarke to do it is supposed to display the extremely persuasive powers Harrison is said to have.

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Trekkies beat them to the punch. They issued death threats back in the early 80s when there were rumors Spock was dying in STII.

RAMA

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

The superlatives are flying faster than ST09...

RAMA

20. yousirname

yousirname Commander Red Shirt

That's my take on it, too - showcasing his Khan-like charisma.