CBS DEVELOPING NEW CSI AND EMS RELATED STAR TREK TELEVISION SHOWS

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Snick27, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

http://callthecops.net/cbs-developing-new-csi-ems-related-start-trek-television-shows/

The first of the shows is a Police Procedural based in the Star Trek universe. The working title is Star Fleet Investigative Section, or SFIS, which promises to be a sci-fi version of CSI or NCIS.

The plot outline we were given is that the show will follow the exploits of the star ship Edmund Locard. For those not familiar with forensic science Edmund Locard was a French Scientist who is responsible with the development of the first modern Crime Lab. The outline said the USS Locard would likely be a “Defiant class” type smaller starship.
    Star Fleet Investigative Section would follow a basic police procedural template. Each episode would have a “crime of the week”. The crew of the USS Locard would then be dispatched to warp in and solve the crime. Utilizing futuristic forensic skills the fearless crew will usually successfully solve the crime and restore order.
    The breakdowns of plot lines have episodes taking place on other star ships, space stations, asteroid mines, alien planet and back here on Earth. While many plot lines will involve murders, the crew will also be looking into kidnappings, cargo pirating, sabotages, alien spies, and space age war crimes.

This second show will follow the crew of the USS Pierce, a heavy rescue star ship. In the outline we got, the USS Pierce is described as being a new breed of starship with a prototype “warp Jump drive”. The warp jump is able to open an artificial wormhole between to wormhole generators. Starfleet vessels in the show have emergency beacons that contain one half of the wormhole generator. The USS Pierce also caries deployable probes that make up the other half of the wormhole generator.
    The typical episode plotlines will have some ship, space station or other exotic location befall some disaster or unknown medical outbreak. Our heroes will then be dispatched to this emergency event. Using the warp jump they get to any emergency in minutes. In some shows they will use futuristic versions of the Jaws-of-Life and emergency medical techniques to complete their rescues. In other shows the onboard medical lab might be used to develop a cure for a new illness or virus. Other episodes might call for the crew to race in to save a VIP with an emergency surgery, such as a transplant or an experimental procedure.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll believe it when I see it.

3. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

if this is true i would definitely watch it

4. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

If that's true I am dancing on the roof naked in celebration. That's so bizarre and random idea, that it will be awesome. And be my first police procedural.* I am already soaring.

* Except for that one I don't talk about.

5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I posted this in a 'future of Trek' thread yesterday. No one thought it was any more likely than any of the other rumours over the last few years...

6. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Abrams has been pitching Trek ideas, as rumor has it. I hope that these synopsis are the bare premises of the series and we don't have formulaic stories if there is any truth to this.

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

April fools! A little early but hey!

8. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

The site is a satire site. An Onion type site base around first responders

It's a fake.

I would have thought the STO ship in the image being billed as the "new ship" would have been a big clue.

9. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

LOL--didn't even look at the article until just now.

10. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Those sound like bad ideas to me anyways. A random episode here and there focused on futuristic CSI and medical drama is fine, but I think the premise would strech pretty thin for a weekly series.
    I'd rather have an exploration starship, starfleet academy, a colony world or space station as a setting.

11. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

Another clue it's inaccurate/fake (besides the fact there are absolutely no plans for a new Trek series) is how sloppily written it is.

"Due to increased demand for Start Trek to be back on TV after the new JJ Abrams movies, CBS is once again boldly going where no one has gone before."

And cheesy. Boldly go where no one has gone before... except the previous five television series and animated series.

Plus the very bottom of the page: CallTheCops (a member of the RescueHumor family of Webpages)

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Plus, I'm pretty sure I read these ideas, almost word for word in The Future of Trek Forum a few months back. It's like either the Poster(s?) of that Post also posted the "Comedy News Item" or the person who posted the "Comedy News Item" lifted that/those post(s) from Future of Trek Forum

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, you have more faith in the news media than I do. I think that's exactly how they would have written something like this.

14. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

This sounds stupid.

15. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I know it's fake, but it could potentially work if they keep the TOS setting from the movies and be Samuel T. Cogsley be the lead character. But then again, I don't think this kind of show would really have much steam to sustain itself.

16. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sorry guys, I didn't know this was fake. I got all excited for nothing. Sucks, I want some scifi no matter what it is. Sites like this piss me off, waste of bandwidth.

17. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

18. jadcox@mindspring.com

jadcox@mindspring.com Commodore Commodore

That. Was. HILARIOUS. Onion-worthy.

19. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

We'll also accept an apology for the all-caps thread title, please. :vulcan:

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Scientists have finally made pigs fly?

Why two shows at once? Stupid. However a Star Trek show would fit into what the CW is becoming.