STO - Direct2Drive nightmare - Beware!

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by StudlyDiabolica, Jun 6, 2010.

1. StudlyDiabolica

StudlyDiabolica Cadet Newbie

Hey Guys

I just want to share the frustration I'm having with this horrible download site called "Direct2Drive".

I paid 50 big ones to get Star Trek Online - very excited!

But it JUST WON'T WORK. I just can't get the download to work. It keeps crashing after only a few megs.

Fine...give me my money back, no harm, no foul...just my wasted time.

But they won't do it! They don't answer customer service - except with automated emails that say "Your customer service ticket is now closed"...WTF!?!?!

PLEASE DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE!! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM Direct2Drive...what an f'ing nightmare.

Still not playing...I should have just bought the discs...argh...

Over and Out

Studly Diabolical

2. Angelsilhouette

Angelsilhouette Lieutenant Red Shirt

You can download the client from the STO site, I believe. I purchased mine from D2D without issue. It's possible there is some sort of unknown conflict within your browser, which are you using and have you tried using another that utilises another engine (Gecko/webkit/trident)?

I'll see if I can't find you some links.

=edit - BAM! Just that quick. ;) =

Good news, popped on over to: http://www.startrekonline.com/download and found you a couple of links.

Download with Star Trek Online Downloader

If you have a disc handy, you don't need to download the game client separately. Simply install, launch the game and it will be updated to the latest version automatically. If you ordered digitally, the fastest way to download is through your digital retailer. If you don't have other ways to obtain the client, you can try to download with Star Trek Online Downloader. Only use this if you are having issues with other channels, as they should be faster.

1. Locate the file downloaded in your download directory, and double-click it.
    2. Complete the installation process to start the Star Trek Online launcher.
    3. When the launcher starts, enter your Username and Password, and click Submit.
    4. Patching should begin automatically. The progress bar displays the percentage of patching completed. When the patching completes, click Engage to start playing!
    http://installers.crypticstudios.com/Star Trek Downloader ST.0.20100123a.5.exe

_________

Download with Star Trek Online Downloader

If you have a disc handy, you don't need to download the game client separately. Simply install, launch the game and it will be updated to the latest version automatically. If you ordered digitally, the fastest way to download is through your digital retailer. If you don't have other ways to obtain the client, you can try to download with Star Trek Online Downloader. Only use this if you are having issues with other channels, as they should be faster.

1. Locate the file downloaded in your download directory, and double-click it.
    2. Complete the installation process to start the Star Trek Online launcher.
    3. When the launcher starts, enter your Username and Password, and click Submit.
    4. Patching should begin automatically. The progress bar displays the percentage of patching completed. When the patching completes, click Engage to start playing!

Download via BitTorrent

If you are familiar with BitTorrent downloads, we have created a torrent for you to download with your own BitTorrent downloader. This can also be faster than the option above, depends on the status of your peer-to-peer network.

http://installers.crypticstudios.com/torrents/Star Trek ST.1.2010316a.1.torrent

Need Help?

Visit our support section for more information.

3. IGNLove2Play

IGNLove2Play Cadet Newbie

Hey there!

I'm sorry you are having trouble! Did you check online to see if we replied in case email filtered out our emails? Please check on http://support.direct2drive.com under "My Support".

Can you PM me and let me know your ticket number on support?

Normally tickets only close from no reply from the customer after a period of time. There may have been an error and I would love to help!

Thanks!

Christine Henderson
    Senior Manager, Customer Service
    Direct2Drive.com

4. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

^^^^^^^^^
    Looks like some good customer responses there! However, if that doesn't pan out for you, I can suggest that you contact your credit card company and complain under "miss selling of goods", i.e that you never got what you paid for and you should get your cash back.