What Internet Browser Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Brent, Jun 3, 2009.

?

What Internet Browser do you use?

1. IE7

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. IE8

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. FireFox

110 vote(s)
    69.6%
  4. Safari

11 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Opera

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Chrome

10 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Other (Specify)

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Chrome for basic stuff, especially right at start-up, Firefox for when I want my extensions.

2. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

3. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

IE7. I tried Firefox for a bit, but I was having problems where links frequently wouldn't do anything unless I turned the browser off and navigated back to the page to try again. It just got irritating to the point where I didn't want to fight it any more.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just curious, what is supposedly so great about Chrome? Just because it's made by Google?

5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Well, I have it as a backup browser, and because of this thread, I'm playing around with Chrome now. It's fast, seems to be fairly lightweight, and is streamlined. As to why it's popular, I guess that could be it. Personally, I use FF more, but Chrome's not bad.

J.

6. ria 75

ria 75 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My garden, on the other side of the frog pond
    Recently changed from IE7 to FF3 and I'm quite happy with it. Much faster, and a bunch of other improvements. More options that I could find and tune.
    (Something had gone wrong with IE7, it started crashing a lot on accout of a plugin. I reinstalled the plugin, got every plugin recommended, went through all the steps in the proper order, and still, it crashed.)

Only the TBBS looks funny on FF on my computer! Thin characters. Fuzzy in the "Post Reply", "Quote", etc. buttons. I can't seem to adjust that. Any advice, guys? :confused:

And can anybody comment on the change from IE7 to IE8? I only heard bad things about IE8.

7. Amaris

Amaris Guest

^ You can change the font and style in Firefox to line up more with what you want. It would be:

TOOLS>OPTIONS>CONTENT and then change the font, size and style.

As for IE 8, I didn't notice a lot of change. I thought it was IE 7 until I viewed the help file! :lol: Other than that, I didn't use it much. I'm a FF person.

J.

8. Small White Car

Small White Car Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Safari is still much faster than Firefox for me, so I'm sticking with Safari.

I've yet to find an extension I really care about, so I'm not missing anything there.

EDIT: I should add that I'm using the Safari 4 Beta, which is tons faster than the current Safari 3.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  9. Garrovick

Garrovick Guest

Firefox on my Ubuntu machine

IE8 on my XP netbook

10. SiorX

SiorX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been a Mozilla devotee for a very long time. The latest FF has been killing me though; takes longer than even IE to open on first boot-up, and constantly hanging or crashing. It's not like I even use that many plug-ins. I'll probably try a clean re-install at some stage and hope that helps, because at the moment it feels like the Internet equivalent of taking sharp corners in an articulated lorry.

I'm using Chrome at the moment. I avoided it at first, because I was afraid that the infuriating Google Toolbar which constantly hijacks IE at work would show up with a gang of insidious mates, but it's actually very streamlined. I like it a lot.

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Firefox. If another browser matched the huge variety of extensions without the bugginess, I might be compelled to change, however.

12. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

Firefox mainly. Occasionally IE 8 although it's had a problem not even loading pages (it seems to get hung up) sometimes so I've been using Chrome more often recently for when I need an alternate browser (like checking my other gmail account).

13. Lumen

Lumen Vice Admiral Admiral

Firefox, but I use Chrome as a backup. Firefox is sometimes a little annoying for certain things.

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I tried Safari out, its good but not as good as firefox. I have IE 8 and occasionally use it.

15. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

other than the fact it reports everything you visit to google?

16. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Firefox, of course.

17. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I use FireFox but I am considering changing. My computer is very slow and crashes a lot. I was bothered by lack of download compatibility but with all the extensions FF caught up to IE mostly.

18. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I used Firefox for the past 5-6 years, finally switched to Chrome when it came out. Haven't looked back since. Blazing fast, and not nearly as many crashes as Firefox had.

I do Like Safari 4 Beta, but It was pretty slow compared to Chrome, so I chucked it.

19. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Safari 4.0 Public Beta.

Occasionally, Opera.

--Ted

20. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

FireFox since it's birth and Netscape before that. FF3 has been getting better with each version update.

I tried Opera, it felt and looked very much like FF, without the add-ons.

IE6 at work, but only to access the web-based apps I use here.