"Amazing Spider-man 2" discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Samurai8472, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't think green would go well with the blue skin. And Electro has had blue-and-white costumes at times in the past.

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Works pretty well, IMHO:

[​IMG]

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Nice! :bolian:

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

It was quite funny any fans actually believed the "Sony will sell back rights to Disney" bullshit.

7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Aaaand, now I'm having fun imagining what super-cheap placeholder Spidey movies Sony could cook up and give a tiny release to if they ever wanted to give the franchise a relative rest for a few years while retaining the rights...

Spider-Man: Jury Duty! Peter becomes a juror on a murder trial.
    Peter Park: 21st Century Gentleman! Peter has a dream in which he never became Spider-Man, nor did he meet Gwen or MJ. Instead, it's a standard romcom in which he woos a random woman. The post-credits scene has him waking up.
    Spider-Man: Before Moonrise! Peter attends a science conference in Barcelona, but stops a crime and misses his flight back. Luckily, a French conference attendee is still around, and they spend a night walking through the streets before his flight the next day.

8. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spider-man: SVU

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

How about Spider-Man: How I met Mary Jane:

The show will be adult Peter telling his kids how he eventually met Mary Jane Watson while hanging out with his four buddies in New York.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane

A Spidey show for teenage girls on the Disney Channel. Hey it could work. :devil:

11. Christopher

^I thought we were talking about ideas for letting Sony keep the Spidey movie rights. Marvel already has the TV rights to all its characters.

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Interesting. I wonder if, since it's television, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. could get away with using Spider-Man or Reed Richards or other characters that Marvel can't use on screen?

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Well, we do know that Marvel tried to do an obvious X men type show called "Mutant X" and they ended up getting sued by FOX. Not sure who owns what these days.

14. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

15. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Well at least he wont just be in the truck. Now show us the CGI suit!!!

16. Christopher

This question was addressed recently on io9:

http://io9.com/could-spider-man-and-wolverine-guest-star-on-agents-of-509284323

And I like the idea of retconning the Rhino's suit into more of a power-loader or battle-armor sort of thing. Basically the same concept, an engulfing body armor that makes the wearer superstrong and invulnerable (and also traps him within it?), but so much less stupid-looking.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The Rhino picture reminds me of Iron Monger

[​IMG]

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Little bitof a round up here:

- Jamie Foxx reveals his Elektro voice on Leno:

http://movies.broadwayworld.com/art...ly-Reveals-Electro-Voice-on-JAY-LENO-20130612

Could a film that already has Elektro, Rhino and a pair of Osbornes (if not necessarily any Green Goblins) be about to add Black Cat to the mix?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105592

I've also heard speculation (too lazy to link it) that Colm Feore is Adrian Toomes aka Vulture in this movie and that the various villains will form The Sinister Six for the 3rd movie.

Speaking of Amazing Spider-man 3, Sony has set release dates not just for it but for TAS4. June 10th 2016 and May 4th 2018 respectively. I guess we're not getting a Star Wars movie in 2018 - I imagine if we were, they would have nabbed that date. And so much for Sony selling the rights to Spider-man or letting them revert to Marvel.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62907

19. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Star Wars movies have never been released on the first weekend of May. They've been released on Memorial Day weekend or the weekend before MD weekend. I don't think Disney will use the first weekend of May for any Star Wars movies in the future. That'll remain a Marvel release slot. I wonder, though, whether there was consultation between Sony and Marvel about a Spider-Man movie taking that slot in 2018 or whether this is Sony staking it out early and showing Marvel that they intend to continue making use of that slot for Spider-Man sometimes and won't abdicate it to Marvel every time.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if they would ever release a MCU movie and one of the other studios' Marvel movies on the same weekend?