I survived pm-ing William Shatner

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by izarian, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horta_Jr.

Horta_Jr. Ensign Red Shirt

"Have a navy bean".... :lol: ...Seriously, nearly fell outta my chair.

As for ol' Shat, ehhhh, I have various feelings. I really dig that he is a champion for animal rights and a big dog fan, but his seemingly massive diva ego and gross treatment of his fellow Trek cast members leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.
    (Especially his 40-year-feud with George...I have heard/read candid interviews with Shat where he sounds VERY bitter towards the show and its fans, but his snyde and pompous digs at George take the cake for me.)

2. izarian

izarian Ensign Red Shirt

I did not make the above quoted remark about John "Wane". It's Wayne and I am a big Wayne fan. Wayne was never a schtootz who was so arrogant he stopped signing autographs like that putz Paul Newman did. Yeah, I knew Shatner was a prong. I just wanted to relate my experience.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know if that is true about Tallman.A friend of mine has had some long discussions with her, I think with PM's. Also she posts on JMS's fb as with the same account.

4. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Pat does at random. Other times it's the helpers posting as "admin".

5. RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy Commander Red Shirt

I would like to shake the hand of the man who shook Shatner's hand.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh right, I assume they post photos and such.

So.. Ivanova. Not her? She posts pics of her food.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Nice. :lol:

8. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I, for one, think it's pretty impressive that you got such a major celebrity to agree to grind on you while wearing matching bunny costumes, so credit where credit is due. Mazel tov.

By the way, the word starts with a "Y," not an "M."

9. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

If you say little, you can get by as almost anyone. Unless it's a directed interview, where the personality comes out a bit in the grammar.

But c'mon... you got yourself kicked off a forum then give some guff to "Bill Shatner" expecting some form of continued communication? You "survived"? :wtf:

Man, I feel like a fish having taken the bait.
    Couldn't have said it better.

10. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

William Shatner really doesn't owe you or anything else a darned thing.

This odd pride you show about "miffing" him is a very strange way to look at it.

If it actually was him (unlikely at best) congratulations, you succeeded in slightly annoying someone you obviously like a lot for one nanosecond.

11. jayrath

jayrath Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh, I give you credit. I give you credit for being a royal a-hole, and then running here to get a high five.

Your attitude is bizarre and childish. Were you to conduct yourself in real life as you did on the internet, you'd be thrown in jail as a stalker.

Credit? I want nothing to do with you. It makes me feel unclean to even to respond to your drivel. Grow the F up.

12. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

As much as it pains me (because it was really rather unneccessary) this is clearly flaming, so one infraction for that. Comments (should there be any) to PM.

I'm also closing this thread before more infractions pile up. I think it has run its course, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.