The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Lori needs to be tied to a tree and doused in Ketchup...I couldn't believe the way she walked away from Rick with such disdain when he told her he had to kill Shane, because Shane was plotting to kill him. What did she expect to happen? She set the wheels in motion and pushed both freight cars towards each other.

Glad they kept Herschel and Maggie alive. With Dale gone, we need that older, calmer, liberal voice in the character set, and Herschel is a great addition to the cast (Though I was sad to see Dale go). The show hasn't had a chance to show how deep a relationship Maggie and Glenn have yet, so, it would've been a waste of Dramatic build up to kill Maggie off so soon. With furthering developing their relationship next season, if/when one of them dies, there will be much more drama then if they had killed her off this episode.

Michonne looks like great fun, can't wait to get to know her. What will Andrea's reaction be to Shane's death if/when she rejoins the group?

The prison presents great possibilities, and a great backdrop to explore the Characters' individual baggage.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I was worried that the truck would flip. Also, if they rammed multiple zombies would they not risk damaging their vehicle and possibly stranding themselves? To me it made sense to avoid the zombies to maintain the vehicle.

The one gripe I had with the farm storyline was they kept talking about guns and ammo but never did anything to resolve the issue. The farm may have supplied food and a warm bed, but guns were not growing on Herschel's trees.

Also, I understand what Herschal was afraid of. Considering the fact that Randall's bunch were murdering rapists, Herschel was justified. Shane and some of the other's actions did nothing to ally the old man's fears. If I had two young girls to worry about, I would want a bunch of men the Hell off my farm.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Don't forget, she was whispering in Rick's ear like Lady MacBeth only a few episodes ago, implying that Rick should "do something" about him because he thought that Rick couldn't keep her and Carl safe, and telling Rick that she believed Shane killed Otis. If she loved Shane so much, why does she turn on a dime? :wtf: That's more than conflicted. That's bipolar. She had an out. Shane offered to leave. She said "you don't have to." Queen of mixed signals doesn't cover it.

She makes no sense. Shane is the man she had to fight off in the CDC when he was drunk. If a man will rape you, he's not a good option for a violence free relationship. Lori is 35 years old give or take. She's acting like a teenager who just can't get over the "bad boy." The problem with bad boys is that they don't change when you settle down with them. Rick's the boring "nice guy" or he was. Hell, who wants a guy who'll be noble and forgive you for moving on from him in 10 minutes before your body was cold? Who wants a man who isn't a jealous, possessive ass? Not our Lori. :rolleyes: How did she end up with Rick? They were obviously having more severe problems in their marriage than first believed. All it took was three weeks or so and both her and Carl became completely attached to Shane after years with Rick. From Rick's point of view, damn that's gotta hurt. :vulcan: I find it realistic that contributed to pushing him off the deep end in his final scene.

If Lori becomes zombie chow, it won't be any great loss. EDIT--I agree that running over zombies would risk damaging your vehicle. I wouldn't have done it.

4. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I felt the body count was a bit low, and I thought for certain that Beth was going to die, but I just realized why they kept her alive.

In the prison there are surviving convicts. One of which is a killer who lied about his crime. In the comic he kills Hershel's two young children. I imagine Beth is the one who dies in the series. This sets up animosity between the group and the convicts, as Rick tries to figure out which one is the murderer.
    This may be what happens early in season 3.

5. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

That was my guess, too.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah she was kinda all over the place, but I just chalk that up to the crazy situation they're in. Because no matter how jealous or unpredictable Shane was, he still WAS a strong alpha male and a very valuable guy to have around when the shit went down.

I think that's probably what she kept coming back to, and why she kept changing her mind about getting rid of him.

7. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

Was not tied to a tree and he refused a gun. Jim wanted to be with his family again...as a walker

8. Kosh Naranek

I could have swore that Jim had a gun. Was his family not ripped to pieces by the zombies?

9. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the talking dead after show the executive producer was asked if 3 characters were going to come back next year. One of them was Merle. He said there was a 100% chance that 33% of them would be back next season. Anyone know who the other 2 characters were?

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I've rewatched the scene and Lori's reaction is not due to Rick killing Shane but rather when she learned that was Carl who put Shane down. Rewatch the scene and you'll see that Sarah Wayne Callies has like ten different facial expressions and "disgust" appears once Rick tells her it was Carl who pulled the trigger.

11. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Morgan and his son.

12. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Like the rest of you (I presume), I too was excited to see Michonne show up at the end... But now that I've had time to chew this over, I do have one concern.. And it may be a needless one..

Remove the suspension of disbelief about the "Grand Zombie Apocolypse" and what do you have? A group of every day people who have banded together, barely surviving day to day, even without the walker threat...

In the comic, the introduction of a walker toting woman with a katana who kicks ass and takes names seemed to fit right in.. She was almost supernatural in her ability to fight and "tame" her walkers...

My concern is how this will translate onto the screen where life seems a bit more realistic... Or maybe I just need to go read the comic again to see how this played out.. It's been more than a year since I read it.

13. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

By the way, io9 has a hilarious story about T-Dog's whereabouts this season:

linky

14. Kosh Naranek

This part of that article cracked me up - "But I digress. I'm stuck on the highway with man who has guaranteed I will die unknown and undignified. So before he can ask me whether I've heard Grandmaster Flash's "The Message," I pretend I'm acting crazy. Y'know, acting paranoid; making vague, unhinged statements about ditching everyone and going to the beach."

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I think that was the biggest part of it. Just the fact that her son had to be a part of such a horrible act in the first place.

I haven't read the comic, but I don't think it would be that hard to make her fit. They'll probably just downplay some of her fighting abilities a bit, and have her simply be another badass Daryl-type-- only with a sword instead of a crossbow.

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, this was quite a finale. Herschel lost his farm and Rick has apparently lost his marbles; the group is in about as bad a place as they could be. Unfortunately, due to the action-packed nature of the episode, we didn't get the same depth of character interactions that we usually do, but it was still pretty good. I loved the scene with Glenn and Maggie in the car, the reunion on the highway (with the lingering shot of the message to Sophia, and especially Rick's breakdown-- pretty understandable after enduring a Zombie Apocalypse, months of continuous conflict, having to kill his best friend and being driven out of a safe haven. I just hope they don't take the lazy way out with him next season. He's too good an actor and his character arc has been too interesting to just send him to the dark side.

And Rutina Wesley? Sweet. :mallory:

17. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Anyone think it was funny of Glenn professing his love for Maggie "all along" or something to that effect? As if it had been months since they had come to the farm instead of what? 2 weeks?

19. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

There have been a few small time jumps if I'm not mistaken. I'd say they were on the farm closer to a couple months than a couple weeks.

20. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Herschel: What about Jimmy?

Rick: Uh... he didn't make it, the RV was overrun.

Hershel: What? How did the walkers overrun a moving motor home?

Rick: Oh, I yelled at him to pull it over by the awning so my son and I could jump on the roof.

Hershel: What the fuck? Why didn't you just stay on the roof where it was safe? Why did you make my son in law park the motorhome next to a horde of zombies?

Rick: Well... I had set the barn on fire.

Hershel: ...

Rick: It killed like 8 zombies?

Hershel: I want you off my goddamn farm.

Rick: ...

Hershel: Actually nevermind, please stay on the farm.