LOST: Not one but TWO soundtrack releases for season 6!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by doubleohfive, Oct 12, 2010.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

That's right. There will be the official LOST Season 6 soundtrack set, consisting of two discs... as well as another, limited (5,000 copies) release of "LOST: The Final Episodes," another two-disc soundtrack album, as announced last night on the Varese Sarabande website:

Link

I for one am thrilled. I've been a huge fan of Giacchino's work since discovering ALIAS nine years ago ... and have been an even bigger fan of his work on LOST! This, coupled with the reported release (finally!) of the LOST Encyclopedia this week ... well, it's like Christmas in October!

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Oh HELL, yeah. I LOVE Giacchino---especially LOST.

Now I have more things to put on my Amazon wishlist. :techman:

3. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome. Totally awesome. I have all the others.

Question: Is the second album only available through Varese? I couldn't find it on Amazon.

4. doubleohfive

As near as I can tell, the second album, "LOST: The Final Episodes" is indeed only available from Varese Sarabande.

5. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been debating whether to get the Lost soundtracks lately, and been paying close attention to the music as I rewatch the series currently, but ultimately it seems kind of underwhelming when you compare it to, say, BSG's varied and amazing music, which I listen to all the time. I mean it works in the context of the show, but doesn't seem to me like it would stand up as well on its own. I may end up just getting a select few tracks I really like individually on iTunes or something (Life and Death theme for instance.)

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

While I'm not surprised there's a second album coming out considering music from three episodes and the majority of "The End" is not featured, I am surprised it will also be a two-disc set. I'm also a little annoyed by it's limited release nature.

Side note: I'm amused how this album is constructed just like Doctor Who's recently released Specials soundtrack. Three episodes covered over the course of the first disc and the mega finale covers the second disc.

7. doubleohfive

Did the Doctor Who Specials album finally come out?

8. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Limited edition? Argh. By the time I'm able to get it they'll probably all be sold out. *crossing my fingers* they won't be...

9. The Nth Doctor

Yup, it came out earlier this month and the season 5 album comes out early next month.

10. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

^ And the Season Five soundtrack will also be a two-disc release. :luvlove:

11. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

It sounds to me like they're squeezing every drop they can out of us, but dammit if we won't all fall for it. The music for this series has been amazing, and I know I'll never be able to live with the regular release that is missing so much from the last few episodes. I especially want all of those haunting themes from Across the Sea.

12. doubleohfive

Sidebar: I was at Barnes & Noble today and spotted several copies of the LOST Encyclopedia for $45.00 (!) It was gorgeous. Lots of full-color pictures throughout, and plenty of tidbit-y things that you might have missed while watching the show.

Now, off to Amazon to see if it's cheaper there! :lol:

13. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I have reservations about this. In particular most of the music I really liked from The End is available elsewhere in the Lost CD's, it's just a matter of knowing where to look.

14. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

More $ for the powers that be...

15. doubleohfive

Well obviously it's a move being made to take advantage of the vacuum left by the series ending.

Nobody is being forced to buy it though.

16. The Nth Doctor

But we can still hate them while we're giving them our money. ;)

Incidentally, is anyone else sadden about posting in a LOST thread that's not in the LOST forum? :(

17. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Much appreciated! I realised I didn't have "Lost Season 5" either, nor the soundtrack of "Shrek Forever" (only the songs version) - so they did very well out of me tonight.

18. doubleohfive

Why? What's the point?

Not really, no. :shrug:

Rock on!

19. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I placed my order. I wonder how long until it is in my hot little hands.

I've been listening to the regular season 6 collection non-stop ever since I got it on iTunes.

20. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

My order is placed as well. It is milking us? Yes, but dammit if I don't care. I'm very willing to pay for more of Giacchinno's fantastic work.

I've also been listening to first season six set like mad. Great great work.