Peter David has suffered a stroke

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DarkHorizon, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Admiral Rex

Admiral Rex Lieutenant Red Shirt

I hope Peter gets well soon. He's one of my favorite authors and I enjoy hearing him speak at conventions. Great guy!

2. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Best wishes and a flood of positive thoughts are headed to PAD. If they caught this quick he should do well.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

Very sad. David is a wonderful author and I hope he gets well soon.

4. Keturah

Keturah Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Sad! Hoping he recovers quickly. Imzadi, Q-in-Law, and the NF series are my favorites.

5. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm so sorry to hear this. My mother just suffered a stroke four months ago; it's a really devastating thing, and it's awful when it happens to someone you care about.

I've never met Peter David, but he was the author of my very first Star Trek book -- and also my first first "real" (as in, not a picture-based book): Starfleet Academy: Worf's First Adventure. He was also the author of the first full-length novel I ever read -- TNG: Vendetta. I hope he has a speedy and full recovery. :(

6. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When I was young, I got a hardcover copy of Q-Squared from my aunt and uncle for Christmas. It was, and remains, one of my favourite books of all time. I must have read it five or six times by now. It was my introduction to TrekLit and a hell of a great read. I'm a big fan of Peter David to this day. Wishing him the speediest of recoveries.

7. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

Very sad news.

8. Garrovick

Garrovick Commander Red Shirt

I was getting ready to continue my re-read of Strike Zone (TNG #5) when I saw this - my thoughts and prayers to Mr. David and his family - may they live long and prosper!

9. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wish him a speedy recovery. All the best Mr. david

10. shanejayell

shanejayell Captain Captain

11. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:(I'm sorry to hear Peter had a stroke.Get well soon.Imzadi is my favorite novel from this author and I just reread this novel recently.He has a long recovery ahead of him.

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

From the other thread:

I'll add that Peter David has always been one of my favorite writers. He deserves a lot of credit for helping spark my love of reading as a child (along with my parents, of course).

14. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hopefully he will have a complete and speedy recovery. Lots of well-wishes for him and his family.

15. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Very sad. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

16. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Geez, the is the first I've heard about this (I know his brother, but haven't been in contact with him for the last week or so). Best wishes and prayers.

17. BrentMc

BrentMc Commander Red Shirt

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to one of the most talented writers on earth. LLAP PAD

18. Hugh Cambridge

Hugh Cambridge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Best wishes to him for a speedy and complete recovery. Peter David's allways been one of my favorite writers too.

19. rocketdave

rocketdave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow, it sucks to read that. When I think about it, I may very well have read more Star Trek books by him than by anyone else. Over the years, I've found him to be one of the most consistently entertaining authors in the field of Trek literature. I wish him well.

20. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Yeah, he's pretty prolific. I've got close to fifty of his novels and a lot of those are trek - and there's not a one I wouldn't quite happily reread.

From the latest blog entry it sounds like he's doing a little better. Hope things continue in that direction.