How 'bout this?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Grup, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

I've also been checking out the rest of the cast Nolan north the actor has also not had his character announced ??? Hmm the plot thickens !!!

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The concept designs for the gattling gun Harrison wields in the trailer were labeled "April's Gun." While the true Trek fans immeidately thought of Robert April, some though maybe that title just referred to what month the gun was designed in. However, given we now know from Countdown to Darkness that Robert April is involved, it likely does mean the gun is his.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I have a feeling the April plotline is contained to Countdown to Darkness.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Who's Nolan North? Or should I say NN?

5. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    He is an actor whose visage is somewhat similar to the drawing of a certain Trek character, who appears on the final page of the aforementioned comic.

:)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  6. Grup

Grup Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I certainly did not mean to detract from who BC is. I just never heard of him before this. I'm sure there are people who don't know who Kristen Stewart,Taylor Lautner and the other guy are. It all hinges on what films or genre of films you watch and how much PR the paparazzi give them. It sounds like BC has a much larger base even outside the Sherlock series(?) he is in.

I was just curious if he would be comfortable with a smaller role in the event that JJ is just mindfocking us with his trailer editing.

7. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, to be honest, this reputation of Abrams as the master of deception has been greatly exaggerated.
    It seems to me that he just doesn't reveal any information and then fans take over doing most of the work with their theories and paranoia.

As for Cumberbatch, he's young and his star is now on the rise. I see no sense in having Weller take a more prominent role than him.

8. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

As I stated in another thread, while JJ Abrams likes his "mystery box" of secrecy, he has never lied to fans about an upcoming movie. I respect him for this attitude. I do not like too many spoilers prior to watching a movie.

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

He does love red herrings in and misdirection.

For how many months did we think ST09 was going to be primarily a Kirk "destiny" story? His excessive use of Nero's "Jame T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life." line out of context had us all believe the film was going in a different direction than it actually did.

10. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I disagree. Abrams lets out a little information and lets the fans assume a different direction.

The first movie was, indeed, about destiny... the crew was destined to come together, even with the changes in the new timeline. Spock said as much in the cave on Delta Vega.

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then why is Harrison's gattling gun labeled "April's gun"? That seems a bit too coincidental, IMO.

12. theskulltrail

theskulltrail Cadet Newbie

I have no doubt that April is in the movie and now I am pretty sure that BC is playing ... Yes ... An deaged April ... Cause I could have find the way how he deaged himself! And what is needed?! Yes Carol Marcus! As she is developing Genesis and we learned that Prime Spock was reborn more or less through it in ST3, BC/April uses Genisis for deage him and help his ill member of family! And in the end Carol Marcus saves the Day as Chris Pine told us in an former interview! Weller is maybe as mentioned before Admiral Marcus as he is the One which operates against his daughter and helps April in some way maybe! It was also mentioned with the New Vulcan colony would be Part of the movie so I feel thats not the strangest theory! ;)

13. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Because it, at one time, belonged to April?

If I were to steal the rifle that killed John Kennedy from wherever it's now kept, I'd have "Oswald's gun", but that wouldn't make me Lee Harvey Oswald, now would it? Nor would it make Oswald anything more than a footnote in a story about me, and what I do with that gun. It certainly wouldn't require him to be involved in the story as an actual character.

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

In general, the basic premise--that you need to cast a big star as the main villain in a Trek movie--doesn't really hold up to close examination. Alice Krige had been around forever, but she was hardly a household name when she played the Borg Queen. And what about the guy who played Sybok in TFF? Or even Christopher Lloyd in TSFS. He'd been a supporting character on TAXI, sure, but he wasn't exactly an A-list movie star at the time.

Cumberbatch is the star of a hugely popular British mystery series, which arguably gives him a higher profile than Weller, whose leading man days are at least a decade in a past . . . .

(No disrespect to Weller intended. I'm just pointing out that he's not exactly a big marquee name either.)

15. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In the previous movie, Nero has a staff that belonged to the Romulan praetor, which he got in the countdown comic. But the staff's origins played no part in the actual movie.
    This can be the same case. An Easter egg for the fans, maybe, but nothing more.