The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes cartoon cancelled

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

A shame, but the writing was on the wall. At least it got 52 episodes and was good unlike that Saban abortion from the 90's, the one were everyone had an armored power-up, Hawkeye was made a Wolverine-style jerk and no major characters were part of the regular cast*. They even copied Saban's X-Men by "killing off" a team member (Wonder Man) in the first episode.

*I mean the big shots: Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America. If you think Scarlett Witch, Ant-Man, Tygra and Falcon are major characters, then good for you.

Hey, where is Tygra? Underappreciated Avenger. Add her to the next movie...get the furry audience.

2. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

What economics prevent an animated series from lasting very long?

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The syndication package doesn't accrue much extra value beyond 65 episodes. Plus, it's very difficult to actually turn a profit from animated series directly these days, so the toy companies are more in control now than ever before (and they've been in the driver's seat for a long time), and they make more money from bringing out new lines of toys based on new shows or rebranded shows rather than continuing existing lines based on a single long-running show.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I Thought Hitler wouldn't be happy about the revisionist history the Avengers created where Hydra started, waged and lost WWII?

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Totally ripped off his idea. He should sue.

7. Guy Gardener

Do the dead have rights in germany?

I know you can marry the dead nextdoor in France but they're a different sort of depraved.

8. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well that sucks,I'm willing to give the New Avengers a chance but the first time they do a cute Teen Titan/anime cut away like on Spider-man I'm out. :rolleyes:

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn. I was really hoping this was one of those crap internet rumors that always end up being false.
    I've only seen the first episode of S2 so far, but I absolutely loved the first season, and I am eagerly awaiting two's arrival on Netflix's streaming service.

10. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dug the first season, with some reservation. Haven't seen any of the second yet, but looking forward to it. Sad to hear there won't be a third.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the show got really great near the end of the first season. I consider the three parter finale with Loki to be very high up there with the best of animation.

It goes VERY well with the new Avengers movie we just got. Too bad it couldn't last longer.

12. TrekAlliance92

TrekAlliance92 Captain Captain

Dang! I just started watching this recently. Just finished the superb "Breakout" and am looking forward to watching the rest of the first season and beyond.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

14. Guy Gardener

You sound like Kent Brockman.

15. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrKE_eTMlns[/yt]

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

My answer or my signature? ;):lol:

17. Guy Gardener

DOH!

I did not see that!

And they say that we can't read tone from blank text.

Pishaw.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see why they have to cancel EMH if they want something closer to the movie. I don't think the tone is that different from the movie, and they can always change the featured characters if they want it to focus more on the movie characters.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The only positive I can take out of this cancellation is the hope that the new series will feature better animation. Other than that, I'm really going to miss A:EMH. It wasn't perfect, but I think it's one of Marvel's better animated series. I just hope the next show turned out better than Ultimate Spider-Man.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought EMH was already skewed pretty damn close to the movies as it was... Hell the first season finale was basically a version of the Avengers movie...