SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, May 2, 2011.

1. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

both gemma and clay are going to die this season. and the cartel story will continue onto the next season wrap up. this season has been awesome all the way through and way better than the last. I think what's going to happen at the big cartel/Irish meet the cartel will set up the Irish and take them out once and for all. now I am not sure if the fed story arc will wrap up this season either, I think it'll continue onto the next season. juice and boby are still in costudy.

I am still not sure why the got the black gang back into this. I know they were using them to cover up opi trying to kill clay but to go off and do what they did was messed up.

2. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I think they framed the Niners to take attention away from their dealings with the cartel. I think someone initially asked about the Mayans role in the hit on Clay...and clearly the Sons don't want any attention drawn towards their dealings with these 2 groups, so blame the Niners and no one looks at the activities that really are going on with the real guilty parties...

3. timothy

yeah but did'nt they just make peace with niners just a couple episode ago.
    and they said it was'nt the niners but unmarked or "colored african americans".
    and to run 'em down in the car the way he did was just wrong....

I am so looking forward to this season finale a lot shake up's and I think the body count be up as well.

4. Shanndee

Agreed. But I hope the body count doesn't go too high...the Sons can'y possibly maintain any sort of power with just Jax, Opie, Chibs, Tig, Happy and the prospects!

I also hope they don't kill Clay just yet. It needs to happen, but I think the show will really suffer without Ron Perlman's presence over a possible 2 plus seasons.

5. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Apart from those, there's not much left of the SAMCRO. Clay can't possibly be a part of the club after all that's happened in last few episodes. Piney is dead. Juice is done, he'll either enter the witness protection program or will be killed by the club if he ever gets out. Bobby is in prison and will probably remain there for a long time, due to everything Otto told to Potter.

6. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Can Ottos testimony really hold any weight in court? He has been in jail since the show started and can really only present hearsay evidence. He can say the club asked him to do things but there is no proof he can present to substantiate his accusations. Anything that happened outside the walls of the prison he could have no direct knowledge of.
    In any event that rat really needs to burn.

7. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Whatever Otto told Potter was from when Otto was part of the club, isn't it? Otherwise it's not really a testimony but indeed just a hearsay and it wouldn't be enough for a guy like Potter.

8. timothy

well either way we'll find out tomarrow and then it back to son's with drawl.

what this show really need is a prelude movi dealing with all this.

cast of charcters for a possible prelude movie:

gemma
    john J.T
    Clay
    Ottis
    Ponies

this is just a hypothisis of course I am not sure who else I am missing for a possible movie but it would be a great idea.

9. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow.

Where do I start?

The RICO operation came to a WTF! end. I think the Potter character is interesting, more interesting than Stahl. There are qualities in him that I find admirable and other qualities in him that make me loathe him. I knew he was going to screw up the Charming Heights project and I love his response to Hale asking him why he did it.

It turns out killing Laroy’s girlfriend is bringing in another major bad guy into SOA’s life. Like, the Sons don’t have enough
    heat from law enforcement and the Cartel.

I love the scene between Jax and Clay. Tense and epic like I thought it was going to be. I think Clay was trying to tell
    Jax that Gemma manipulated him into killing J.T. and that she was in on the murder. I wish he could have told Jax but Jax would probably have considered it as one of Clay’s many lies.

Chibs being the new Segerant-in-Arms. He deserves it but Tig isn’t too happy about it and I foresee some future conflict between him and Jax.

Tara is standing by Jax’s side as the new Gemma to his J.T. Gemma doesn’t seem happy with being replaced but to hell with her.

All Hail King Jax and Queen Tara!

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I've been enjoying this season but that was an absolutely awful finale. Half the story lines ended on the CIA reveal, meaning we essentially wasted time with Juice and the investigation. Then there was the bullshit cop-out regarding Clay and Jax having to stay. Where do I even start on the mellow dramatic final scene?

Ugh. Very disappointing.

11. Joe Washington

Yeah, I have to be admit I wasn't a fan of Juice not getting killed or being exposed as a rat in the end.

Half of the stuff in Season 4 like the return to the J.T. murder arc, Clay's unraveling, Jax being more ruthless in the lengths he is willing to protect his family, Tara's conflict over the letters, and how dark and basss Tara became after the attempt on her life were all great. But the other half with Juicy being half-black and turning out into a rat because of that slim leverage, the deus ex machinas of this season, and how some of the storylines came to these contrived cop outs were what kept this season from being a fully fantastic one. I mean, Breaking Bad Season 4 reigns supreme over this current season of SOA because at least in that show, they had the guts to kill off the big villain when it was time for him to go and there weren't any contrived cop outs in that season either.

I'm debating about whether I should continue watching SOA, honestly. We'll just have to wait and see. Anyone else having such thoughts?

12. timothy

can any picture this cast wearing chainmail and brandishing longswords. it's getting to be a lot like game of thrones.....

I liked this season other than the shit with juice and all the racisist shit that made no sense. now the music was fantastic agin I am so going to have to pick up the sound track. all liked how potter wrapped up and screwed the guy out of the land deal. the good guys need a win and the sons need to get back to what there good at. all so the CIA twist was just awesome.

13. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Say that like it's a bad thing... LOL.

Although I have to admit one thing - I only saw like one episode of season 3 and I had no problems following the half or so of Season 4 I've watched (I keep forgetting to DVR it) and even though I've watched only the last few episodes, I feel like I know enough of the story so far after only watching Seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix and the recaps. That's pretty impressive really. Granted each story builds on itself, but you don't need to know the whole story to understand it.

14. Santeria

Santeria Lieutenant Commander

That was a rather big let down of a season finale for me. I mean, most of the stuff that happened this season was completely washed away as if it never occurred.

15. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the "finale" in spirit was what we got last week; this week was mostly filler and it actually was a bonus episode after all.

As much as it did drag, the way the characters are positioned in the closing scene amps up the final two seasons ahead for sure.

16. Joe Washington

Actually it's three more seasons Kurt has in mind for the show.

17. timothy

which is just great news. I am so surprised that they did'nt put opi in that finale scene.
    do you think jax will let opi in on the whole cia thing with the cartel?

18. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Best part of the final was Juice watching the Shield in jail. Of course he might be a bit confused if he saw Acevada on tv and his odd simularity to the guy in the cartel. Over all pretty ho hum rap up to everything this year although it did give us the whole set up for next season.
    So why would they take Bobbys shoes away(no shoe laces to hang himself with) and then give him a guitar with strings on it?

19. Shanndee

I really hate that SuperChannel 1 shows SoA a day after it airs, so I have to ignore all boards to avoid being spoiled! Anyway...add me to the "underwhelmed" camp.

I am glad they found a way to maintain Ron Perlman's presence as Clay for awhile longer. I would really miss him. He does need to pay for all of his actions (and yes, he will pay with his life), but I think he adds considerable drama and conflict.

However, this whole finale seemed overly convenient and contrived. It did give us a good set up for next season...I just hope the show finds its feet again. I'll continue to watch, because I believe it still has a story to tell...

20. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I felt very satisfied by the ending. I liked Romeo's reveal as part of the CIA. There were several points that hinted to him being more than just a cartel operative, showing up on the Russians so easily, the clearly American accents in the van in the wake of Tara's attempted abduction and others. A very enjoyable finale from every one. I am looking forward to next season.