IRT: Dangerous Roads

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anybody else watching this Ice Road Truckers spinoff? Deadliest Roads is set in the Himalayas where some North American truckers haul loads around around some of the most dangerous roads in the world.

I'm not really that big into reality television, but this is a great show. Indian drivers are absolutely nuts. The bus drivers there get paid by how quickly they make their destination, so they are constantly trying to run people off the road and will not back down to oncoming traffic.

The truckers have to go around some one lane roads on cliffs with no guard rails while having to navigate around sheep, crazy bus drivers, and landslides with trucks that are so antiquated they're illegal in the US.

Great show. It airs on the History Channel at 9/8c on Sunday. Check it out. Link

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. Prince of Space

Prince of Space Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've watched it a few times. Didn't they say that four people die on that road every day? Not something I'd want to try.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was a death every 4.5 minutes. :eek:

4. JWD75

JWD75 Commander Red Shirt

I generally avoid reality shows, though I make an exception for Deadliest Catch. But this one looked interesting so I checked it out and was hooked. It's one of only a couple of shows this season that I found worth watching.

5. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I think Ice Road Truckers is absolutely shit, but I like Deadliest Catch and the logging one. This sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.