My first voyage with Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Qutluch, Apr 14, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why are you calling Chak an ugly girl?? Sure his personality is.. somewhat lacking. But he is pleasant enough to look at.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Trying harder doesn't mean mean better.

3. teacake

Of course not. You get minus points.

4. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I dunno know, Chakotay seemed to have a way of wooing women. Personally I think Janeway would have been all over him if they had been forever stuck on Resolutions (which they should have stretched into several episodes and over a longer period, because it was so engaging seeing C/J form).

5. teacake

Janeway programmed her holo-lover to be "more provocative". Chak is utterly lacking in this quality. He woos women because he's good looking, sweet, nice, amiable and genuinely likes strong females. But once wooed, twice bored.

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Q: I was wondering, Kathy. What could anyone possibly see in this big oaf anyway? Is it the tattoo? Because MINE'S BIGGER!

7. teacake

Q's bigger bits are definitely a draw. His "how big do you want 'em" bits.

8. Guy Gardener

What?

There are plus points?

I thought you just started at seven and worked your way back to zero, when she's ethically allowed to fake epilepsy to escape?

9. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

How many men in Hollywood dated Whoopi Goldberg?
    Who's Porta De Rossi gf?
    Who's did Danny Devito marry?
    Somebody impregnated Macy Gray 3 times
    Somebody knocked up Fantasia too.

10. Guy Gardener

1. the original line is simply "ugly girls try harder" which I think, but I'm not sure is a line from Twin Peaks (can't prove, but google tells me that this is something that Courtney Love has repeated, citing herself as a ugly girl who tries REALLY hard.), which is supposed to be an endorsement for ugly girls, or more so a criticism of very attractive girls who lay there and smoke a cigarette or read a book during the throws of full coitus.

2. It was a self deprecating comment on my part to tease the subject and seem to come off as a jerk if you answer the question "who wants an ugly girl" wrong, The argument has already presupposed that ugly girls are better so logically everyone wants an ugly girl because they try harder since who wants some who doesn't give a shit? Marsha Wallberg had a stand up routine where she claimed that Old guys last longer in bed than young guys, but who wants to have sex with an old guy for a really long time? See! It's her fault! I tacked her punchline on the end of some one else's joke and now you think I have original ideas! Ben Franklin said that men should marry old women because they're grateful. Do you want to pistol whip him as well?

**Sigh**

3. What is an ugly girl? No one is completely ugly on the inside or outside but it's nice to see that you made a list... Even if they're all famous, powerful, talented, influential, dynamic, interesting, and "wealthy" women which is a little more important than "looks" and since famous people or multimultimillionaires are judged on a completely different scale than regular peopel, it's further more not an accurate comparison.

As far as Whoopie goes, she was passing. She was passing for young. She had always been about 15 years older than I thought she was. So although she's not the most attractive young woman, for her actual age she's not that bad when we thought she was in her early 30s when it was actually her mid 40s... Besides it's small price to pay to be Eskimo Brothers with Patrick Stewart.

11. teacake

Who the heck is Fantasia??

Okay, I looked up her up. Wide mouths have their own appeal. It's like her face is letting you know, "I will say what the fuck I want when the fuck I want to." I don't know if she does that but I would like to do that with a bunch of money behind me rather than now when it just makes me a jerk.

Celebrity ugly is never really ugly. You think DeVito is ugly? Ugly is photos of hideous pedophiles and serial killers who manage to look as repulsive as they really are. Not short round men who seem upbeat. That's not ugly, it's short and round.

Cumberbatch is ugly but he's beating them off with a cane.

I saw some ugly people today because I had to walk past the magistrates court and the steps were covered in people smoking, squeezed into Kmart's business gear, terrible greasy hair, very likely looking 20 years older than they were, homedone tatts of dead people on their arms. That was the women. I felt bad for them though because court is horrible.

Whoopi isn't ugly, she's just kind of weird and she enjoys it.

12. Guy Gardener

She took a bath in the 80s movie Burglar.

Whoopie has feet like a bird of prey.

I'm still wigged out two decades later..

But then all feet wig me out.

I usually try to pretend they don't exist.

13. teacake

EWWWW...

Also, bunions. Such a cute word because it has "bun" in it which could be bunnies or bread or butts but go on, google image it.

14. Guy Gardener

Bunheads season 1.5 started today.

"Squee!"

15. teacake

That's a miniseries about Janeway's hair right?

16. Guy Gardener

NO.

If you liked Gilmore Girls, it's more Gilmore Girls but with different girls who are not Gilmors, and also Girls who were Gilmore girls.

30 something vegas show girl marries her polite and sweet stalker at the end of a very bad day. He takes her home to meet mother who he lives with, the stalker (Cameron from Ferris Beullers day off/Captain Harriman of the Uss Enterprise NCC 1701 B.) then promptly dies in a absurd traffic accident at the climax of the pilot and then the showgirl has to live in her dead husbands house and help her new mother in law teach in the ballet Studio that was built out back of the main house.

Bunheads. How the ballet girls wear their hair. In buns.

Some tiny teen drama.

Some 30 something drunk nonesensicalness with the show girl.

And the mother-in-law is played by kelly Bishop who was the Grandmother on Gilmor Girls and is just fantastic dealing with the crazy daughter-in-law who is devastating her life mayhenlistically.

Such fun.

If you hated Gilmore Girls, don't bother.

If you've never seen Gilmore Girls, I'll post you a slap snail mail.

17. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

I just logged on and read this 2.5 page discussion and laughed my ass off! Thank you, I needed that!!

18. Qutluch

Now, that I am watching Blood Fever I also have to say that it is quite an appropriate conversation to set up this episode!!

19. Qutluch

Blood Fever

B’Elanna is finding information about a mining colony they have come across. The Vulcan, Ensign Vorek, declares his desire to become B’Elanna’s mate. B’Elanna’s face is great, she looked repulsed. She tells him no, and he grabs her by her face and tries to convince her. He should know better than to mess with B’Elanna, she gave him a nice whap across the face!

Vorek is going through Pon Faar (Yeah, I know I spelled it wrong). Vulcans only mate ever seven years??? That sucks! So, is it with the same mate every seven years? I enjoyed the part where the Doctor confronts Tuvok about the mating “problem”. Tuvok squirmed! I love it. I am pretty sure he showed emotion there! Three ways to combat Vorek’s problem: take a mate, combat (how very Klingon), or intense meditation. The Doctor comes up with a pretty good “cure”. A holodeck mate!

Meanwhile, B’Elanna has become very aggressive. While climbing at the mining colony Neelix and B’Elanna fell while climbing. While Paris was trying to calm B’Elanna down she bit him! She actually bit him! When Paris told Chakotay and Janeway that B’Elanna bit him, Chakotay had this hysterical look on his face! (Great acting all around for this episode)! B’Elanna has gone bat-shit crazy horny! (I was rolling on the ground laughing at this episode). They must have had so much fun filming this episode! Turns out Vorek initiated a telepathic mating bond with B’Elanna, which made her experience Pon Faar. Her desire was Paris. I wonder if she would have chosen Paris even if they were on the ship. I get the choice between Neelix and Paris, but I wonder if Paris would have always been her first choice…

Tuvok and Chakotay go down to the planet to confront B’Elanna to let her know that she has entered Pon Faar and that it could be deadly for her. The locals on the planet come across their group. While trying to reason with them B’Elanna attacks them. B’Elanna and Paris became separated, and she goes after Paris. She “picked up Paris’ scent” and she wants him. I give credit to Paris for holding back and not fully taking advantage of her. He was quite chivalrous. One of the last scenes, with Paris and B’Elanna in the turbo lift, was a nice ending. There was a hint that they might actually get together…maybe…

Question: When do Vulcans enter adult life? Is it the 7th year of their adult life that they first have Pon Faar

Favorite Part: When Tuvok, very matter-of-factly, told Paris he would have to alleviate B’Elanna’s desires or she would die. It was too funny, and then he Neelix just walked away so they could get on with it… Overall, this was just a fun episode, and I can only imagine the actors enjoyed this episode too. We learned about Vulcan and Klingon mating rituals, there was some character development, and the doctor did a great job with brainstorming possible “cures”.

Least favorite part: Nobody said thank you to the doctor, and he really did a good job, especially considering he did not have much information about Vulcan mating habits.

20. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a silly episode, but they put a lot of effort into their silliness in this one. Who knew Klingon and Vulcan mating customs were so similar? Paris really was a gentleman in this one. You have your superior officer ordering you to "help" Torres, who's all but throwing herself at him, and he restrains himself.

I ended up feeling a bit sorry for Vorik in this one. Can only have sex once every seven years and all he got was his butt kicked for his trouble. To your question about the pon farr, I can only assume that it's a puberty thing and it happens every seven years after the biological clock starts ticking. The exact age varies in humans, so I imagine it would in Vulcans too.

Oh and if you liked the Doctor and his "cure" he'll
    be expected to deal with Tuvok's pon farr in a future episode. :p
    Good fun!

Oh and VERY subtle foreshadowing with a Borg corpse... it might've been more mysterious if they just left it at the alien invader and let the viewers speculate what it might have been.