The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Darth_Pinche

Darth_Pinche Captain Captain

Greetings and salutations. I've heard a lot about his board and since I'm a full spectrum geek (comic books,Trek, Star Wars, Robotech,...) I figure I'd better catch up.

"Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers that smell bad" :klingon:

2. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ Welcome to the board! Have fun!

3. Plum

Plum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey, brotha's got da quotes. Niiice. :)

4. section9

section9 Commander Red Shirt

New guy here. Am looking forward to Trek being reborn in the TOS era, now that it's been taken out of the hands of the people who were killing it.

This movie will be a hit.

5. S'kai

S'kai Captain Captain

Hello. Just getting started here.

I am commander of the first Prius-class Shuttlecraft, which you can see here: http://www.willieyee.com/ZHIntro.html

Looking forward to getting more involved on this board.

LLAP,

S'kai of Vulcan

6. Xelo

Xelo Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello! I joined recently, but have been lurking for a few months.

I am looking forward to the movie, and I hope it's as good as we all expect. I love all the series and have begun re-watcing Voyager from the start.

7. Plum

Plum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

... check out the new talent!

8. ttocsmij

ttocsmij Ensign Newbie

@PKTrekGirl: I was enjoying a highly creative and challenging year in sixth grade science with a great teacher (RIP Mr. Miller) when TOS debuted. Without a doubt these two men, Miller and Kirk, sealed my fate as an engineer. I have enjoyed nearly 40 years in engineering. But I am still ticked 'cause we're not vacationing on the moon yet! :rolleyes:

BTW, your list of favs mirrors my own in some eerily psychic way ... Firefly? So you're the other one! :lol:

9. monetteman

monetteman Lieutenant Junior Grade

If you agree with us, then you are our friends. Woe to those who do not tow the party line

10. Son_of_Soong

Son_of_Soong Captain Captain

Hey all, been posting for a few days now but didn't say hi here for some reason. Im a graphic/web designer from Australia with a star trek hat :-P

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

OK I think I'm on two other welcome threads on here, but what the hell..I'm one of the oldest posters here, having visited in 1999 and finally became a member in Dec 1999. I don't really post as much as some of the other oldies, but my presence is still felt here and there. I'm currently employed at the same fortune 500 company (which shall remain nameless) that I've worked at for 10 years, I owned my own business during that time for about 2 years. I live in NJ, USA. I'm an Italian/American male, 6 feet tall, about 260 pounds. A picture of my lovely wife of almost 4 years or myself is usually on my avatar..I never really cared for playing "characters". And yes, that IS me. More info is available at the Myspace link provided. I'm a strength/bodybuilding, fan/participant. I'm a science fiction, science, and technology buff. I'm an avowed atheist. I listen to different music, but I listen mostly to some form of "electronica" as they seem to call it. I despise close-mindedness of any kind. I'll consider most "issues" that come my way before I decide yay or nay on them. I am excited about the new ST movie. :) I'm glad to see some new members joining.

RAMA

12. nadir

nadir Ensign Newbie

hi folks! joined up because of the new movie ... and of course, a Trekkie.

13. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome all new arrivals! Wow... it's like a rennisance around here!

14. estrea

estrea Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello, I'm Liz. I've been a Star Trek fan since TOS was on the air on network television. I was five or six [you do the math ;) ]. I liked all the series, except ENT. I *really* gave it a shot, though. I think my personal favorite is DS9, followed by TNG, TOS then VOY.

I went Luddite for about seven years (no computing, no Internet) -- just burned out. But I'm back!! And Trek is my great escape. I will see the movie, if Providence allows. But as I've stated elsewhere, if it's a reboot, I'm too old and curmudgeon-y (yes, I made that up) to adjust to a new crew for the "first five year mission." However, I wish Paramount, the franchise and the new crew well and much success.

To Captain Donovin: I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

----- "Second star to the left."

15. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hello...

I'm one of that rare breed who actually posts under my real name.

I was born in January of 1966... so I'm just SLIGHTLY older than televised Star Trek. In fact, some of my earliest fuzzy memories involve evenings at home, and I remember my parents thinking it was funny that an under-one-year-old was so into that "space show." :)

When I was five, we moved... at the beginning of the summer. And so for several months, I was friendless. So, Gilligan, Colonel Hogan, Batman, and the Crew of the Enterprise filled that gap for a while. ;) I never quite got past that, either.

When I was a kid, I was kind of shy and passive. Yes, believe it or not, PASSIVE. I learned through experience that this is really only a way to get walked on, so my personality is nearly opposite of that at this point. I'm probably one of the more... ahem... "expressive"... folks you're going to see on here. I say exactly what I mean.

I paid for my college education by doing a four and a half year tour on active military service... and got to dig people out in San Francisco, take out a central American drug-lord/dictator, kick some bad guys out of a small Arab country, and do a bunch of other things as well. It was a BUSY few years. I'm a big fan of the idea of SOME form of compulsory national service, though I don't think it necessarily should be MILITARY for everyone. I'm politically conservative (which, despite what some folks will try to tell you, doesn't mean I barbeque babies for breakfast... it means that I'm not a fan of government having any more power than the absolute minimum it MUST have to accomplish those tasks which MUST be done...and no more), and I tend to get annoyed when people bring in nasty "baby-eating" accusations towards conservatives in non-politically-oriented threads. ;)

I'm a senior level design engineer today, and have spent the past several years in aerospace, though I've worked in a variety of different industries throughout my career and I'm sure that I'll work in more later. I'm currently in the running for a VP-level position, in fact, though we'll see if that goes anywhere.

And even my FUN tasks tend to be somewhat serious... designing a starship becomes a major engineering task unto itself! ;)

16. LT_Sollon

LT_Sollon Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well, I was just starting to post on here, and then I had to go on a six month deployment on USS Antietam (and in case you might be wondering, part of the reason I joined the Navy was my love of trek and ships and exploring new places). Got back in August of 06, but I’ve been in a pretty indifferent mood to Trek since Enterprise went away. However the recent movie preview is getting me heated up again (much to the chagrin of my wife). So hopefully (baring anymore deployments) you will be seeing more of me here.

17. EnsignJulka

EnsignJulka Captain Captain

Hi, I'm new but I've been a Trekkie for about 20 years now...

18. Rico

Rico Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I joined this forum a few weeks back, mainly due to an interview I did with Trek authors Mangels & Martin. I produce a "Star Trek" and general SF podcast each weekend called "TREKS in SCI-FI." Been doing it for about 2.5 years now and just recorded podcast # 161. I've been a fan of Trek basically all my life. I grew up on TOS reruns and followed all the series over the years. I really enjoy the positive outlook Trek puts forth and the fun in the episodes as well. I mainly started the podcast after "Enterprise" ended in order to both share my love for "Trek" but also to keep the dream alive. I also cover other SF on TV and in movies on the podcast too. Hope you drop by my web site or check out the podcast (can be found on iTunes). I think you will enjoy what you hear. Looking forward to the Abrams take on Trek too. Come on, May 2009!

19. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Commander Red Shirt

Hi guys. A new member here from Sweden. I've been a fan for about a year and a half. I must inform you that I'm strictly a fan of TOS and the movies with that crew, the rest is just not Star Trek to me, and I've given them several chances.

I'm looking forward to speak to all of you!

20. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

^ If you don't mind me asking: So your problems with the later series (and their casts) don't keep you from liking this new movie? Why is that?

Oh, and welcome! :bolian: