The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Grrrr. My LCS was already sold out of Talia by the time I got there. I try to mix DCUC and DCC as little as possible, but this seems likely to be the only Talia figure we get for the foreseeable future.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was lucky. Mine had like two or three left. Lots of Nightwing though...I might go back and get him, he looks awesome. It's too bad we never got a Dick as Batman from Morrison's or Snyder's run. I'd pick him up in a second. The Arkham City Penguin was tempting to get as well.

Is Arkham City Talia her only action figure we've had from her? I think I asked this prior in the thread...I'm pretty sure we haven't got one before, even from the TAS lines back in the day. I've seen a ton of customs though.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Kmarts are having a 50% Off sale on all Hasbro Star Wars merchandise in stock (including ships and vehicles like their exclusive Endor AT-ST), which - depending on your local stores (if you even have one anymore) - could mean the Ewok and AT-ST Crew figure 2-packs could be as low as $5 to $7 each.

Vintage, Clone Wars and Movie Heroes selections might not be impressive, but who knows. Some folks have reported interesting scores in those lines at their Kmarts in recent weeks and months thanks to a lot of 2012 product finally getting out of the warehouses and arriving on pegs.

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I can definitely attest to getting some hard-to-find Star Wars stuff at my local Kmart down the street from me. Over the span of just one month, I found Darth Malgus, Starkiller, and Shae Vizla there. And while the 3.75-inch Black Widow figure from the Avengers movie has been in short supply in some places, I once saw a half dozen of them at that same Kmart (WTF?).

5. cooleddie74

Kmart used be one of the real go-to places for some lines. Between, say, 1998 and 2007 it was one of my primary locations to get SW figures and the selection was typically large, wide and contained relatively new or even just-released characters. As the last decade drew to a close and certain brand footprints in toy aisles shrank there was less to pick from (the 2008-10 Legacy Collection years in particular could be very lean sometimes with little more than the predictable pegwarmers like Yarna d'al Gargan, Malakili the Rancor Keeper or Willrow Hood the Ice Cream Maker Guy), but you can still find some great product if you have the timing.

6. OdoWanKenobi

Darn. Hot Toys Loki is delayed until April. Thor and Black Widow are both out in Hong Kong, now though. It shouldn't be that much longer until Sideshow gets its allocation. If Loki is delayed, then Hulk and Iron Man will be soon enough. It's going to be over a year since the movie was released before we get all of the Hot Toys figures. :(

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clint and Tasha watched the Oscars with me. They're upset that The Avengers didn't win its only Oscar nomination!

[​IMG]

8. cooleddie74

I can tell Clint's upset....he's giving the TV screen an undignified buffalo shot. :)

"I'm all out of arrows. Take that, Academy."

9. OdoWanKenobi

Found the new Unlimited Batman and Batgirl today. All I need is Hawkman, now and I have the first wave complete. Sorry about the poor picture quality. These are some really shiny and reflective figures, and my camera is a simple point and shoot:
    [​IMG]

10. Kira's Mom

Yeah, my camera isn't good for shooting shiny figures, either. Those look good.

Part 2 of the Hawkeye's Eggs saga:

Oh, no! It's an egg-napping! :(

[​IMG]

"Brother! Release Eye of Hawk's child!" "IT'S NOT MY KID!!! ARRGHHHH!"

[​IMG]

11. cooleddie74

You're gonna need your own popular spinoff thread if this keeps up. :)

12. Kira's Mom

Nothing I do will top OdoWan's 12 Days of Christmas. :p

I thought about setting up a separate Tumblr for all of my Clintasha posts...

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll be picking up the Batgirl. I'm happy with my Justice League Batman :)

14. cooleddie74

News for Canadian collectors:

The 2013 green Yoda packaged wave of Clone Wars figures is hitting north of the border as reported by the good folks over at Galactichunter.

This wave contains nine figures that will not see release at U.S. retail (unless discount/markdown chains like Ross, TJ Maxx or Marshalls get shipments at a later date):

- Captain Rex
    - 501st Legion Clone Trooper (blue and red markings, jetpack)
    - Cyborg Darth Maul
    - Savage Opress
    - R2-D2
    - Battle Droid (tan)
    - Commander Cody
    - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    - Anakin Skywalker

Prices being reported seem to fall into the $10.99 CDN range.

15. OdoWanKenobi

One does not simply be happy with a single Batman.:p

16. cooleddie74

Nor a single action figure of any kind. :)

17. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, I mean I have like...20 Batman figures alone. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 Iron Man figures.

18. cooleddie74

The last time I counted I had almost 80 Endor Rebel Soldiers in camo gear of various types dating back to the 1998 POTF2 figure. Clones....Stormtroopers....Battle Droids....I've never met a markdown or liquidation sale I didn't like.

19. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

You, sir, are a God.

20. cooleddie74

Then this world is in deep, deep trouble.

:lol: