Your own personal continuity

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Lon Suder, Apr 17, 2013.

1. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Reminds me of an idea I had once: the swiss army Borg. Interchangeable attachments for any occasion.:guffaw:

CCC.

2. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

Now it sounds even more interesting ...

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am totes on board.

Borg.. appliances. Need to see more stat.

I mean.. assmimlate?! They can't be that stupid.

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I kind of view it that way. I think TOS happened exactly as we saw it onscreen, but there was a lot of stuff that was exaggerated or is more myth than fact by the public (I could see someone writing that during the Enterprise's encounter with the alien entity Apollo in "Who Mourns For Adonais?" Kirk simply defeated a god with his bare hands, when it really didn't happen that way).

5. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

^^ I agree, especially considering that he did defeat a "god" partially with bare hands in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" (although there were no witnesses). ;)

Bob

6. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

In a sense, that's what I'm talking about, how certain details are embellished, overlooked, or just personally termed. In "Where No Man Has Gone Before," the truth was that Kirk actually used a phaser rifle to stop a crewmember with mutated telepathic and telekinetic powers, and even then by using it indirectly to create a rockslide to crush him.

Someone else might say that Kirk shot a "god" with a phaser rifle or might leave out the phaser rifle bit altogether, making Kirk look even more bad-arse than he actually was in the situation.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014