Project: Potemkin, a Star Trek Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Potemkin_Prod, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Just a brief update on what's going on with our production:

S01-2 "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky" -- About 50 edits/effects to go until it's turned over to Steve Gallant for Sound and Music and Cicada extraction. It's my hope to get 2-4 edits/effects done over the next three weeks.

S02-A "Duty Bound" -- John Northam and Kevin McCulley are working on the VFX for the first production of the second season. Steve Gallant is working on a new score. Chris Cameron is working on the closing scene of a new opening credit sequence that Rick Foxx is working on.

S02-B "Darkness" -- Virtually done.

S02-C "Second Contact" -- a little tightening on the edit, a few keys VFX from Kenneth Thompson, and she's ready to go.

S02-D "Ashes" -- Virtually done.

S02-E "Beach Towel" -- Virtually done.

S02-F "Shovel of Kahless" -- Edit complete. Needs a few VFX from Ken Thomson.

S02-G "Command Decision" -- Edit complete. Awaiting VFX.

S02-H "Just Once" -- Edit complete. Awaiting VFX.

S02-I "Closing Time" -- Virtually complete. Needs a touch of ADR and a couple of VFX tweaks.

S02-J "The Lucky One" -- Currently undergoing editing.

S03-A "We Few" -- Currently undergoing editing.

S03-B "Holding Pattern" -- Filming August 17th.

S03-1 "Callie" -- Filming this fall.

S03-C "Untitled Transporter Room Vignette" -- Filming September.

S03-2 "Between Two Worlds" -- Filming October/November.

S03-3 "The Monsters Are With Us" -- Filming December

We will also be hosting an opening house of our studios on Saturday, October 12th from 10:00am until 4:00pm in Albany, Georgia. Come take a tour of our new 2000' facility! RSVP please to producer@projectpotemkin.com. Albany is 3 hours from Atlanta, 4 from Savannah and Jacksonville, 1.5 from Tallahassee and Dothan. All are welcome! No charge for admission.

2. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Cool! But don't spoil us by releasing them too close together when you do release them.

3. Potemkin_Prod

We don't hold them any longer than it takes to get them ready. :)

4. Barbreader

Er... does that mean you will be releasing completed ones that are later in order before uncompleted one, e.g., "Ashes" and "Beach Towel" before "Duty Bound"?

What I was thinking was this: your list reads as if you might go through a period where you might release one each week for a few weeks, say on Wednesday or Thursday (that's when my website seems to get the traffic of people checking out what they will have available to watch that weekend). But if you are releasing them as finished, that sounds like you might release 3 in one week and an earlier episode three weeks later.

I am asking for clarification. If you are thinking that this is none of my business... you'd be right, but I'm being a busy-body! NOYB is a perfectly OK answer, but ... can't blame a girl for trying!

5. Potemkin_Prod

They need to be released in a loose order. We could swap C and D, but E must precede F. I could be released after B. It's really too complicated to explain, but we'll release them as soon as we can.

6. Potemkin_Prod

S03-B "Holding Pattern" was filmed today in Alpharetta, Georgia (25 miles North of Atlanta). The majority of scenes were shot at the Marriott Residence Inn in the Windward area and a nearby Dog Park off of Exit 12A from GA 400.

Present for the filming were Christin Woods (who reprises her role as Ensign T'Noshi) and Aaron Renfroe (who reprises his role as Medical Technician Gueronimo Perez). Also on hand were Arianna Marra and Linda Marcusky who served as production assistants (i.e. script supervisors and umbrella holders for the camera). This production was written by David Eversole and directed by Randall Landers. A second unit will be shooting footage of one additional character to be added in via green screen in one scene.

Filming for the next vignette will take place on September 28th at the transporter room set at Stellar Video Services.

[​IMG]

Pictured above: Aaron Renfroe and Christin Woods enjoy a light moment during a very emotional scene.

7. Barbreader

Excellent!

8. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

...and just remember that the correct pronunciation is "All-Benny"... ;)

9. Potemkin_Prod

LOL Quite so. Although I'm from Metro-Atlanta originally, I learned "All-Benny" pretty darn quickly. Even the automated tellers were called "Bennys."

10. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Ok, now you can work on Cairo which is pronounced "Kay-Roh" and Valdosta, which is pronounced val-DOH-sta! For bonus points, note that "Havana", Florida (just down the road) is pronounced HAY-vana!

Hope you guys have continued success!

11. Potemkin_Prod

Yes, Cairo (pronounced KAY-ROH) is where Roddenbery's corn syrup is made. Football team called the syrup-makers (getting some acclaim on ESPN in fact for such a cool name).

There's also Vienna which is pronounced VIE-enna or vie-EN-ah and is home to the renowned Big Pig Jig.

Continued success to your team as well!

12. Potemkin_Prod

Tonight's shoot was a complete success. Filming began at 7:00pm. Sara Higgins Mackenzie did the camera work for a critical scene for "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky." The aforementioned scene featured Bill Mackenzie and Jeffrey Green.

William C. Searcy was on-hand as the event photographer.

Afterwards, I filmed Jeff doing his scenes from "Holding Pattern" on the newly painted green screen wall while Linda served as the script supervisor and hostess. (You can't go wrong with fruit and chocolate cupcakes!).

We wrapped at 9:00. My thanks to Jeff, Sara, Bill, William and Linda!

[​IMG]

13. Potemkin_Prod

For Immediate Release

Project: Potemkin, Albany’s own Star Trek internet film series, is sponsoring an Open House on October 12th 2013, from 11:00am until 4:00pm.

Their sets are located at 2925 Ledo Road, Suite 11, Albany Georgia 31707 (behind The Dive Shop and LimbCare).

There is no charge for admission, however, donations will be gladly accepted to fund our upcoming purchase of costumes and makeup for both the October and November shoots.

Come see the new studio sets, check out our latest releases, get up-to-date on our new projects, meet our stars and guest stars, and basically have a great time!

At 3:00pm, we’re planning on having sneak previews of our upcoming releases for 2014! Don’t miss out on this opportunity for an advance look at our exciting second season!

14. Potemkin_Prod

From our VFX artist, Chris Cameron:

http://youtu.be/yA7WEooiNJQ

A promotional trailer for Season One of PROJECT: POTEMKIN.

Don't forget our open house, this Saturday, October 12th, 11-4 at the Stellar Video Services studio in Albany, Georgia. We'll be having a sneak preview of "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky" as well as second season productions "Darkness," "Ashes" and "Beach Towel." The cast will be on hand, and our studio will be open to tour.

Come join us!

15. Sir Rhosis

Sir Rhosis Commodore Commodore

Very nice work. How did you find Chris?

Sir Rhosis

16. Potemkin_Prod

He found us, I believe. :)

17. Potemkin_Prod

18. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Looks great! Can't wait to see more...

(Side note: Where do I sign up to get on the United Federation of Planets Art Council email list? :D)

19. Potemkin_Prod

I'm sure the office must be somewhere in Paris. :)

Thanks for the interesting in the production. In a short time, we'll be releasing "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky," but right now, we're trying to get all the sets spiffied up for our open house this Saturday. :)

20. Barbreader

Emphasis added. Response to emphasis: :bolian::drool::techman: