Star trek continues acquires hulking gueststar: Lou ferrigno

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by RAMA, Nov 10, 2013.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I saw this yesterday. I think this is interesting particularly as Ferrigno is not a Trek alumni. It signals going beyond a comfort zone. I can't imagine what role he'll play, but I'm dying to see what they do. I quite liked the first episode and I'm eager to see the second.

3. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I´ll admit - I had to google the guy. Interesting choice - they seem to like to pick retired old actors... At least they should know their business.

4. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Filming was completed a couple of weeks ago; Lou was great!!

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I'll guess that he's Balok, all grown up. :shifty:

6. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

The Enterprise returns to planet Exo III to find RuK has made a back up robot to tend the machine and has build another Dr. Korby.
    I'm just saying... :rofl:

7. Johnthegorn

Johnthegorn Ensign Newbie

Gorn I'm betting on a gorn but Ruk is a good guess as well.

8. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

ST Continues has a short release time for a high-end fan film group. I'm betting we'll know well before First Contact Day 2014

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Amazing! Now get his buddy Arnold Schwarzenegger as well!

10. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

Very short. At this rate I would expect them to have four episodes filmed and at least three released by this time next year. I could even see them doing another Kickstarter next October after having filmed/produced the three episodes the last one funded.

11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

While I'm sure Mr. Ferrigno is a lovely man, I'm personally weary of the guest-star focus in some fan films. Hopefully he's cast to the script and not the other way around.

12. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Did I miss something? As far as I know they just finished shooting - I´m sure the postproduction takes a couple of months, so we´ll probably see a release in spring 2014. I would be surprised if they are able to churn out more then 1 episode a year, even with all the money they get thrown at.

13. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Cool. I just hope they don't paint him green like the Hulk and turn him into an Orion male.

[​IMG]

14. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

At least since he's not from TOS they won't have to explain his sudden aging (although all they'd need to say is that when he gets angry he grows old).

15. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Jokes aside he could well be cast against type, a smart thing if it happens. If he's an alien he'd make a HUGE killer Gorn. Never mind rocks, asteroids would probably bounce off him :)

16. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Totally agree. I tire of the stunt casting, the trotting out of the genre war horses to capitalize on fan nostalgia. Productions should put more focus on stories that matter, stories that challenge the characters of Kirk, Spock and McCoy rather than tales centered around the guest star of yesteryear.

17. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

I hope he is cast against type. Would be nice for a change. Lou tends to get type cast a fair bit.

18. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

While I tend to agree with Maurice's thoughts on stunt casting, I understand the motivation of the people producing these things. Especially when it comes to Kickstarter campaigns.

19. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I'm guessing that Mr. Mignogna used a connection he had at Disney in the form of Travis Willingham who currently plays King Roland II on Sofia the First, but worked with Mr. Mignogna on the two Fullmetal Alchemist series dubs at Funimation.

20. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Or, more than likely, the production has numerous contacts in the professional filmmaking and television industry (including casting) and was able to secure Ferrigno the way any other actor is brought on. (Michael Forrest, Jamie Bamber, etc.)