‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

April 1st either came late this year or early next year.

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait, WHAT??!?

I'm not an Affleck hater by any means, but... I'm having an awfully hard time seeing him as Batman at the moment...

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm also surprised they went with a big name actor. They should have went more with an unknown like Cavill was for Superman, less likely to steal the spotlight from Superman.

It's not like you NEED a super big actor to play Batman. The characters sells itself.

5. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

But there are more than forty years of successful comic book stories that prove that Batman and Superman can be conceptually cool together.

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone else think Snyder's gonna wake up with an awful hangover tomorrow, and yell "shit, no, I meant the other guy from The Town!"?! :rommie:

7. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'm gonna wait and see what happens. Affleck isn't the same actor as he was when Daredevil was made. Sadly he has a crap director here, so won't be the best performance.

8. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Affleck's casting has actually gotten me interested in seeing this film.

9. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I agree and that is what surprises me the most. I do like Affleck so I am willing to give him a chance.

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually I thought he was perfectly believable (and looked pretty cool) kicking ass in Daredevil. And he looked fairly imposing behind the mask as well.

So I'm not worried about him pulling off the look of Batman. I'm just not sure if he can project the right attitude or not...

11. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I've never been much of a fan, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Seems like they're going for a more experienced/established Batman, so he's been dressing like that for a long time...why change his clothes to team up with Superman when there's finally somebody else to play dress-up with?

And General Zod won't have much to say about it, considering he done got his neck good and broke.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They have bats on Krypton?

They've been teaming in comics and on TV for decades. We just had movie where a guy in a hi-tech suit of armor, an alien/god with a hammer, a scientist turned monster and super soldier from the 40s teamed up with great results and there's a problem with Batman and Superman? :confused:

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is surprising news to be sure. I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. The only thing I can think of is maybe using such a recognized face can help disassociate nuBats from TDK.

Was there any mention of whether or not Affleck did some testing with Cavill? Or did some suit at Warner Brothers just say "Affleck!" and that was that?

14. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^I think they asked that duck that does insurance commercials. He was unwavering in his opinion.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm cautiously optimistic. If this were the pre-Gone Baby Gone Affleck I might be a little worried, but Affleck's done a lot to reinvent himself since the earlier part of his career. I actually didn't think he was all that bad as Matt Murdock, it was just most of the rest of the movie that fell flat. I'm still having a hard time picturing him as Batman, but I do think he'll at least be an excellent Bruce Wayne. I'll wait until I see him in the costume and delivering some dialogue before I pass any further judgment.

16. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Somewhere, Adam West is grumbling about the casting again.

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

I have a feeling this is WB work and not the best actor for the job. Have Affleck direct and have Richard Armitage be Batman.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

19. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I think Affleck will be fine. Him as Daredevil was good, and the characters have some serious similarities.

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: