Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Top41, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

CBS now just has to give NCIS a reason to mix with say Marine Staff Sergeant and Major :cardie: Mac on CSI:NY and they can have a great CBS Universe. They can even bring back old JAG characters.

The recognizable guest star is getting harder to use. It seems like Miami Vice in the old days H5-0 is the show to be seen on. Or the producers are just offering a trip to Hawaii to get a cameo out of the Peter Fonda's of the world.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I, for one, cannot wait until the giant crossover movie directed by Joss Whedon!

:shifty:

3. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Am I the only one who feels, despite what we've seen of Joe that he can't be trusted? Yeah. He's helping Steve and Wo fat tried to kill him but he could be playing both ends of against each other.

4. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just like the late governor.

5. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is no doubt that Joe is hiding something really big, but I don't think he is in bed with Wo Fat. Wo Fat was at Joe's place to kill him. I found the line just before he fired interesting. "Tell John McGarrett his son will see him soon." Watch out Steve, Wo Fat is comin'.

6. Broccoli

Yeah, I think Joe knows (or at least strongly suspects) something big about Steve's father and is keeping it from him.

7. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

I await the day when CBS does a massive crossover of like, eleven procedurals. :lol: The Criminal Justice League!

Yeah, I totally think Joe is hiding something, too, and I think you're right--it's probably something Joe knows about Steve's father. Right now my guess is that Steve's father was undercover (a la Kono). I hope it's not as cut and dry as that (though I don't want it to be that McGarrett's father was dirty).

8. Broccoli

Hmm...here's a thought. What if Steve's mom was the one who was corrupt? We know little about her other than she died in a car accident (presumably caused by Wo Fat). Wild speculation, but what if Mom was working for Wo Fat, she betrays him, Steve's dad goes after, "joins" Wo Fat, Wo Fat learns it's a sting, Wo Fat kills Steve's dad. I mean, it would be fitting in line with the whole "don't go digging up secrets" that Wo Fat said to Steve, and it would be a great bait and switch for the audience.

9. Top41

^I like that theory a lot. They've focused on Steve's dad so much and emphasized that he was the target so many times that it would be a cool reveal if it turned out that wasn't the case. And Wo Fat did tell Steve in the diner that one time Steve was supposed to be meeting Jenna that there was a lot he didn't know about his parents. I remember the fact that Wo Fat said parents rather than dad really striking me at the time...

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

There's always the old "Mom is still alive" chestnut that can be played.

11. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Been enjoying this season so far, though I thought it was pretty obvious that Kono was working for I.A. the whole time.

I'm not sure if a crossover is planned in the not-to-distant-future. But now that Kensai Bly has appeared on Hawaii Five-0, NCIS:LA, NCIS, & JAG all share the same universe.

12. Top41

Last night's Halloween episode was fun, but I wish they'd played up Danno being "cursed" a little bit more. He was totally the one who should have gotten hit on the head, not Lori! Loved the end bit with the haunted apartment, though, at the end. I think it's inevitable that he'll end up staying at Steve's house for a bit.

I'm bummed we never found out what Lori was for Halloween! Max's costume was hilarious, as was his well decorated lab!

Overall, a fun episode, which is really what I look for when I watch this show. Danny's ranting is one of my favorite things about this show, and we got plenty of it here!

13. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should have shown Kamekona in his Halloween costume. Maybe a giant shrimp costume.

14. Broccoli

The curse thing was played for humor whereas Lori getting hit in the head was taken for serious suspense. It wouldn't have worked as well if it was the only "serious" curse ramification.

Plus, Lori getting hit on the head allows the writers to create another 'shipping moment. Ugh.

15. Top41

That would have been awesome! I do think this episode was lacking in the Kamekona department. He's best in small doses, but he's seriously so funny. It would have been fun to see him for a scene, but they probably couldn't fit it in.

Yeah, but it could have been a nice escalation, and also wouldn't have been too serious, aside from the suspense. Lori wasn't really hurt or anything.

Ah yes, the shipping. :rolleyes: Because heaven forbid a show introduce a female character and not have her a) be a love interest and/or b) end up in jeopardy. Blech. I like Lori, but I wish they weren't trying to pair them up so early on. Or at least hint at the "obvious" UST.

16. Broccoli

I don't mind that she was in jeopardy. It seems all the characters have had their jeopardy moment. But the way it was handled in this episode seemed as if it was only done so Steve could worry about her.

17. Top41

Last night's episode was so good--definitely my favorite this season so far! The Steve and Danno banter is my favorite thing about the show, so I loved that they were bickering in that first scene after the opening credits. I like how Danno is (usually) the sensitive one, and Steve can be something of an oaf--or an animal as Danno likes to say :lol: . Loved the scene with them watching Enemy Mine together on the couch! And Danno with the dog was really sweet, too--and Steve's annoyed reaction to it was so funny. The dog pooped in his office AND relegated him to the back seat--poor Steve! :lol:

It was fun to see Greg Grunberg on the show, too. I was a little worried he was going to turn out to be involved somehow, so I'm glad that wasn't the case. His scene with Masi Oko was funny, too. Max was in fine form tonight--definitely cracked me up!

The case was okay, but the fun of this show is the action/chase scenes and the character interactions.

18. Broccoli

The Heroes nod was a little cheesy. But then, I have a love-hate relationship with nods like that. :lol:

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

A Heroes mini reunion and a Lost reunion

What next a BattleStar Galactica/Oceans Eleven/Moonlight reunion?

20. Broccoli

I'm surprised they haven't done a Lost gag (as far as I know), considering Lost was much more popular (overall) that Heroes.