NFL Talk - 2010-11 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I'm guessing that Josh McDaniels took a dump in Tom Cable's Cheerios or something, because sweet Christ, that's ridiculous.

2. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. I'm hoping we get at least 66 on them - in Denver - so sweet.

3. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

4th quarter of the Pats-Chargers took 10 years off my life. Thank you football gods for the false start penalty! I'm a tired wreck.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Looks like Cutler's finally found his go-to receiver. :techman:

The only problem is he plays for the wrong team. :lol:

5. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fuck the Raiders. Fuck the Raiders with a splintering wooden spoon wrapped in barbwire. Fuck. The. Goddamned. Raiders. :mad:

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ouch. That was a cruel game. :( Seriously, the Raiders? That's like being beaten by the Lions last season.

:D That was nice. I think the Redskins program is starting to change for the better, finally!

7. pork3

pork3 Commander

We were lucky on several counts.
    1. That Welker's reception on that 3rd down went out of bounds.
    2. That the San Diego receivers got a whiff of the dropsies in the 4th quarter.
    3. That Jake Ingram's crappy snaps were handled gracefully by Mesko.
    4. That Matt Light (aka turnstyle) didn't cost us more sacks.

This game left a sour taste in my mouth eventhough we won. That 4th and 1 was stupid as the defense did show they were capable of stopping the chargers when they weren't restricted to the bend and break mentality that's screwed us the last several years.

Fu@#$#@ me, this year is going to give me a heart atack.

And, quite honestly, Brady has been inconsistent with his throws, and without Moss, we have a glaring hole with the deep threat.

-Jamman

8. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How do we go from putting on a show like we did against the Jets to not even attempting to show up today? I can't even say we played down to our opponent because, well hell, even at their worst moments of ineptitude, the Raiders never look that bad. And it certainly doesn't help that there is nothing/ no one I hate more than the Raiders.

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

The Broncos....

:lol:

My Beloved Rams let one slip away on the road today. This one really has to fall on Bradford, who was horribly inaccurate all day.

How about some love for Steven Jackson, who became the Rams' all-time leading rusher today, passing Eric Dickerson?

:techman:

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Broncos missed a perfect opportunity to play Tebow today.

11. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Fixed that for you. :lol:

Allowing the fucking Raiders to set a team record for points scored and tie a team record for points allowed in your own stadium is beyond embarrassing.

Since starting 6-0, Zippy the Wonder Coach is 4-13. Go find a high school stadium to play in next game.

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, in the end, the Chiefs managed to pull it off but it was a bit too close for comfort there for most of the game. But, again, Jacksonville's lack of a Quarterback should've meant that the game should have been far easier. The Chief's seemed to have a really good game with long passes and Jacksonville had no passing game at all.

We maintain our first-place position in our division. Man, I hope to at least see a playoff game this year.

13. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

They'd better overturn this Vikings touchdown.

14. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

My Lions didn't lose today!

15. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

:evil: TITANS!!!

Looks like Britt finally had his "Welcome to the NFL" party - what a thing of beauty!

The only good Eagles loss is to the Titans, so back to winning next week birds. Guess it's back to Vick too, so he'll get his shots; the Iggles are one of the few teams that can say they have 2 quality starters.

:barf: The Broncos need never be that desperate, especially when Orton's one of the few bright spots on that team.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

They will next Sunday! :devil:

Go Skins! :bolian:

17. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, as a life long Raider fan, i have to say, that was an amazing game. Poor Broncos. But that's behind us and now it's on to next week.

18. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

A lot of strange games this week. Between all the comeback victories and high scoring games where you'd least expect it (Oakland scoring 59 points?), it's no wonder I sucked at the pick'em. Not that I haven't every week, though.

So glad the Packers were able to pull off the win against the Vikings. It'll make watching the local sports so much more enjoyable.

19. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

No, he took a Pikes Peak sized dump all over the team, fans, and tradition of the Broncos. This is a team that had Floyd Little inducted into the Hall of Fame this year, and to honor him, they're playing like they did when he was here. :rolleyes:

The sooner he's shown the door, the better. The team fucking quit on him, the fans, and themselves yesterday. At home. Remember when Mile High used to be a tough place to play?

[​IMG]

20. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I watched the game with my wife yesterday, who is a rabid Pats fan as well, and I commented to her that with SD dominating time of possession in the first half, that the NE defense is going to be totally gassed by the 4th quarter.

Sadly, that prediction came true. If the game went to OT, there was no way the Pats we pulling that one out.

Brady looked a step off for most of the game, the D was getting to him and his men were covered. Other than that one drive to start the 3rd, they looked out of synch.

The Pats D is improving a little week by week. 3rd downs fucking kill me, but they are well coached and play smart. Two of those turnovers came from just being aware on the field.

I didn't know the name of the long snapper, I don't believe they mentioned him by name, but I bet he's walking back to Foxborough today. Woof. Mesko showed real grace under fire for a rookie dealing with the shitty snaps. And his name is Zoltan, sounds like a Flash Gordon character, or some antidepressant I want to crush up and snort.

Who is the head of scouting or talent evaluation or whatever for the Pats? Look at the guys they've dug up the last few years: Welker, Woodhead, Green-Ellis, Edelman, Mesko, Gronkowski, et al. I don't get how they do it.

Next week: [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.