Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Much better :techman:.

2. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Greenwood's an excellent actor, but he's a bit too -- I dunno, sonorous? -- to be Pran. Pran's a bit more loose and freewheeling. I can see either Glass or Hyman in the role with little difficulty -- though, again, the template for the character is Arlo. :)

3. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really enjoyed the character, and I hope we see him again soon :techman:

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished "Articles of the Federation" For parts of the novel, I just had a mental image of Richard Schiff as Kant Jorell.

It's probably down to recently rewatching some scenes where his West Wing Character was acting as Press Secretary:lol:

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Actually, lately my mental image of Kant Jorel has been the guy in your avatar. (And I'll specify that's Hugh Laurie, so this will still make sense if your avatar changes.)

6. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always saw Kant Jorel as Kurtwood Smith in full Red Foreman mode. Though Richard Schiff and Hugh Laurie would no doubt do wonderfully, too.

7. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't see past Nathan Fillion for Calhoun, but I never read that many New Frontier novels.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My mom, says the same thing too, and I could definitely see. NF is the only Trek that she reads, but for a while now I've been trying to convince her to read some of th other series. Sadly I haven't had any luck yet.

9. Paris

Me too. Kurtwood Smith would be perfect for Kant...just a little younger than he is now...

10. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hm. I see no reason for Kant to have any particular age.

11. Aubergine

Aubergine Lieutenant Red Shirt

Believe it or not, there are working black actresses other than Angela Bassett. (Granted, there aren't many roles for them -- fewer still than for white women.)

For Captain Eden, how about Barbara Eve Harris? (Agent Lang from Prison Break.)

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like that. She would be great in the role IMO.

13. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

I have a tendency to imagine Andorians as Shran, so Shar is stuck with Jeffrey Combs for me. His mum always speaks with a very posh British accent in my mind.
    Vaughn sounds kind of like Shatner's voice (Shatner's voice nowadays, that is) to me (Though I certainly don't imagine him looking like Shatner).

14. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

^ No and emphatically no. :)

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Good grief, this thread is over 1550 posts long. I wonder how long it would take for someone to go back through it and compile a list of the most popular casting suggestions for each character, maybe broken down by series. If someone could spare the time to do that (and I doubt that I could), maybe it could be made the start of a new pinned thread to replace this one -- otherwise it would pretty much get lost in the middle. (But with a link to the old thread so other suggestions would still be accessible, if anyone wanted to slog through 1550-odd posts.)

16. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

^Not a bad idea. Good luck to whoever endeavors to do that though.

17. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shall I appear to be utterly stupid by making casting suggestions for Iliana Ghemor? I could do that.

18. Paris

^I think Nana Visitor would do a commendable job as Ghemor. I know she already played Kira on DS9, but I just can't picture anyone else :devil:

19. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

LOL. I actually was making a list awhile back and still have it. I just haven't updated since page 57 or 58 on here.

20. Rosalind

Rosalind TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod Admiral

Well, if you ever update it, feel free to start a new thread, and either LS or myself will do closing, unpinning and pinning.