"24" movie moving forward

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PsychoPere, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Interesting. Jack in Eastern Europe? Given that the Russians were after him at the end of the series, you'd think that was the last place he'd go.

I read somewhere else that the movie will pick up 6 months after the end of Season 8.

2. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Europe...because that's where ALL the terror is today. :rolleyes:

Jack should be fighting in the Middle East.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Ugh, please, no more Islamic terrorists.

4. pork3

pork3 Commander

How many Islamic terrorists does it take to change a light builb?

-jamman

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Last we saw Jack he was being chased by the Russians. I think that the open ended nature of the series finale demands that the movie pick up with that. Before Jack can fight terrorists he needs to get the Russian monkey off his back.

6. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jack against the Russian president and all of the Russian security services - that would be awesome!

Yeah, it makes sense for him to go after the Russians. AFAIR, even the Russian president was involved in all the crap that went down in S8.

7. Captaindemotion

The series ended up with Jack on the run from the US and the Russians. He's no longer an anti-terror agent, he's a fugitive. Why would he go to the middle East, where as a white man he'd stand out a mile?

Anyway, given that the UK and mainland Europe have seen terror in the form of 7/7, the Madrid bombings and other atrocities over the last decade, your point is a little misconceived.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Can you really expect the movie to directly continue the Season Eight storyline, though? This movie is going to be designed to be a major blockbuster seen by the masses, not for the 9 million people still watching the show at the end of its run.

9. Captaindemotion

^ I don't really, no. But just picking up in the Middle East doesn't really make a lot of sense either. You'd need to explain why he's there, just as much as you'd need to explain why he's in Eastern Europe.

All we need to know is that Jack Bauer is a former anti-terrorist agent, now on the run, who is hiding out in Eastern Europe. I don't think that's any more confusing than the backstory to, say, The Bourne Identity or Taken.

10. Captaindemotion

Bump!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/has-the-clock-stopped-ticking-on-24-movie/

Well, seems that there won't be a 24 movie this year, as Fox want Keifer to return to Touch for season 2 and don't want to rush it. Fair enough.

It appears from this article that writer Billy Ray had envisaged a 3-part movie story arc. Would this have encompassed an adventure in Europe and maybe Jack returning to the US to clear his name? Who knows.

The article also suggests that Antione deFuqua was being circled as director. His Tears of the Sun had shades of 24's Redemption tv movie, if you ask me (though TOTS got there first).

11. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

This.

Though, I would love to see Jack vs. Tony in the movie. That might be enough to get me to go to the theater.

12. Enterprise is Great

Kiefer Sutherland Furious as Fox Pulls Plug on '24' Movie

I knew that there was more to the story than just the schedule for Touch which hasn't even gotten a second season yet.

13. doubleohfive

Fuqua.

Antoine Fuqua.

14. Captaindemotion

Fuqua too! ;)

(the 'Antione' bit was a typo)

15. doubleohfive

:lol:

Well played.

16. Captaindemotion

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ All together now...

"DAMMIT!!!" ;)

18. Enterprise is Great

The longer that it doesn't happen makes me believe that it will never happen. They should just trash the theatrical version and bring the show back at this point. It would probably get better ratings than anything on Fox these days. Kiefer Sutherland is doing Touch and has booked a pilot so he's still willing to do tv. Bring back 24, Fox!

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering how long they can keep it up, though. Hasn't Jack Bauer been tortured enough lately? He's like Miles O'Brien. :lol:

20. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I enjoyed 24 throughout its run, but I grew somewhat frustrated with the way they raised the stakes each season. Season 1 was personal, with a threat of assassination and a vendetta against Jack. Season 2 was a nuclear bomb. Season 3 was a weaponized virus, etc. If the real USA went through the sorts of threats that Jack seemingly disarmed each year, police state would not begin to cover it.

I read somewhere that the original intention for the series was a comedy - the hi-jinks that occur in the last 24 hours prior to a wedding, I believe it was. That might be interesting.