Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Nice to meet you :)

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I can't say that Trekbbs Armada is terribly active at the moment seither, but new members would help with that of course.
    It you are still attached to your old fleet, feel free to join our Chat channel to get in touch with us in game.

3. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    It's not just you.

I had this problem all weekend, after the 10/3 patch. No one's really clear on what the problem is that I've seen so far. I expect we'll hear something sometime today.

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Gotta fix the horrible audio bugs, too. Was getting really loud and obnoxious "Bonnie Kin" audio while walking through DS9. And then a bunch of audio of a female character dying. DS9 was also apparently going to red alert alot, per the audio...

5. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

DS9 should probably go to red alert more often though, it might stop it from being taken over so easily. :D

6. Timelord Victorious

I heard rumors this is triggered by players who have found a bug and exploit that. But don't know if true.

Anyway, guys, read the new Dev blog.
    Golden Times ahead for us Cruiser captains!!!!

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=997641

7. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks. I'm glad it isn't me.

8. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I love the new powers for cruisers. I've been considering going back to my Regent for a bit on my Fed main. Once they roll these out past the new battle cruiser (with 5 forward weapon slots!?), I'll definitely give the cruiser more play time.

9. Captain_Amasov

Someone snapped this on the test server, it would appear the Avenger-class battlecruiser has Vengeance-like weapon pods: http://puu.sh/4Kr8U.jpg

Also, the ship would appear to have a dual-neck setup like the Odyssey-class, though the gap is vastly smaller than on that vessel: http://i57.servimg.com/u/f57/14/83/54/34/avenge10.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  10. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow, you know, that is just a beautiful ship. Absolutely stunning. Time to start an Engineering captain. :)

By the way, anyone here use opposite gender characters?

11. Dixie Flatline

Dixie Flatline Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'll add ya! I'm spring@robatorai. Fed side.

12. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

The comms array thingy is a good news for all cruiser captains. I'm looking forward to testing it out. I am also looking forward to similar promised changes for science vessels.

However I'm not sure about this new Avenger class ship. With the Battle Cruiser label, I was kinda hoping it would have a Cmdr Tactical station rather than a Cmdr Engineering station. It cuts down on the ship's combat potential. With a turn rate of 9, it is going to be the fastest turning T5 cruiser but I am not sure the ship can swivel quickly enough to bring cannons to bear. Although I suppose it makes a good dual Aux2Bat candidate.

13. Captain_Amasov

Although its final stats are to be determined, I'd imagine the base turn rate will probably be close to what is seen there, it can also apparently use a cloaking device and equip DHCs as well. With 5 forward and three aft confirmed weapon slots, I think it'll be pretty neat.

It'll also be nice to have a smaller cruiser again, since its size is meant to be close to that of the Excelsior-class.

14. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Rather looking forward to this battlecruiser. Aside from the good stats, it's one of the better looking cryptic original designs going by the model on redshirt at the moment. Looks a bit like an compact armoured Odyssey.

Console sounds to be a bit useless. I can see the drones being destroyed within seconds of launching them.

I suspect I'll buy it when it's released. Wonder if it has it's own bridge.

15. Timelord Victorious

I'm gonna predict it won't.. standard bridge as it's a Federation non-Flagship.

It has a min-maxer's wet dream stats for a cruiser (at least the fleet version), so it won't need any extra incentive to sell well.

We will see a lot of them flying around.

I will stay in my Sovereign for the time being, since I just like the design better and got it running at the best efficiency I can squeeze out of it.

Doing the last few upgrades available to me atm. Need a couple more XII tac consoles and possibly the Marion doff since I have the funds now.
    After that, it's simply a waiting game until better Embassy/Mine consoles and warp cores become available to me.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  16. ComicGuy89

Thanks! I tried to add you but you weren't online. Maybe we can try again tomorrow!

I do wish we'll get a new bridge, even a generic one shared by all Fed ships. The ones we have now are so bland and overly large.

17. Captain_Amasov

We will be once the new Federation tutorial is released with Season 8: https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/371038461270044672/photo/1/large

18. Timelord Victorious

Nice. I would actually use that one... at least until they get me a Souvereign bridge.

19. ComicGuy89

20. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

All of my characters are female. I'm sure not :rommie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.