FARSCAPE..worth the trouble?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by RobertScorpio, Feb 1, 2010.

?

Farscape

1. Worth the trouble...watch it!!!

96 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. It's okay. If you have the extra time, not bad.

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

The first season is uneven, but few of the episodes are actually bad. I'd say "PK Tech Girl" is the earliest good one. IMO, things begin ramping up on the quality from "Durka Returns" onward.

2. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

We are about half way through season 1. The hardest part for me, as it was with bab-5, is learning the neighborhood...but my wife is really enjoying it too.

Rob

3. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

Gotta say that I love the poll results.

4. Season 1's quality picks up around the episode "Durka Returns" I believe. From then on, the episodes are generally solid.

If you're really struggling and want to see the biggies of S1, you can leap forward to the big 2-parter "Nerve" (part 1) and "The Hidden Memory" (part 2)... but it's sort of like jumping forward in Babylon 5 Season 1 to the episode "Chrysalis" - most of the info is there, but you lose a fair bit of setup.

5. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

First of all, :techman: to your friend.

Secondly, what I wanted to say about Farscape in another thread, not too long ago.

If it reminds me of anything, or if I can think of a way to best describe how I enjoyed it, it reminded me of all those books from the SF Masterworks series. Lush, fanciful, a real flight of fancy in that you feel you are moving far, far off and away from Earth.

6. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, I've now watched "Exodus From Genesis," and I enjoyed that one thoroughly. I learned a good deal of background on just about everyone, and the story itself was much better than space bug stories usually are. There was a lot of good humor, especially the parts involving Rygel. In my opinion, this should have aired the same night as the premiere.

7. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Absolutely worth it. I watched the series again a few months ago. So much fun to watch.